Stoli's MySQL server acting up, bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeness3

Reaction score
For the past couple days, Stoli's MySQL server has been acting up, working at times, not working at other, such as now. I hope this is taken care of soon. :)

xiaojie

Reaction score
ya, happened to me also.

sometime (like last night after 9pm), it works great, and some other time (like right now and before 9pm last night) just not working. or extremely slow.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
For the past couple days, Stoli's MySQL server has been acting up, working at times, not working at other, such as now. I hope this is taken care of soon. :)

This may be caused by higher-than-usual levels of resource abuse on our servers.

We have an automatic script that runs to automatically suspend people that are abusing our servers, so the problem is usually resolved automatically.

Feel free to post back so we can investigate the issue if this problem persists after a few hours.

dudeness3

Reaction score
ya, happened to me also.

sometime (like last night after 9pm), it works great, and some other time (like right now and before 9pm last night) just not working. or extremely slow.
It sucks because my website is working fine, but my forums are down. It's hard to have a successful forum(5 members yeah right :p) on a server that acts up.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It sucks because my website is working fine, but my forums are down. It's hard to have a successful forum(5 members yeah right :p) on a server that acts up.

It is frustrating, but if it is very important for your site to be 100% uptime, you should consider looking in to paid hosting. Free hosting will never be close to 100% for the reasons adamparkzer mentioned.

dudeness3

Reaction score
It is frustrating, but if it is very important for your site to be 100% uptime, you should consider looking in to paid hosting. Free hosting will never be close to 100% for the reasons adamparkzer mentioned.
I would, but in this case, money is a big issue. x10 is by far the best free host I've come across.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I would, but in this case, money is a big issue. x10 is by far the best free host I've come across.

Most people are here for the same reasons :biggrin:

I like to mention it anyways because some people don't realize there is an advantage to paid hosting and there are packages that are only $20 USD/year (but only for a few more days is this offered)

dudeness3

Reaction score
As soon as I get the extra funds, I will switch to paid. Thanks for the link, I just hope it's still going on when I have the 20 bucks to spare.

jamessmith

Reaction score
Actually, the free hosting here is better than a lot of paid hosts ;).
If you want a reliable server, you'll have to invent it first.

Free hosting is ideal as a starter package, a long-term trial of a pay host.
If you're successful, only then do you upgrade (unless of course, you don't need to as you don't require the extra resources).

That's the idea.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
As soon as I get the extra funds, I will switch to paid. Thanks for the link, I just hope it's still going on when I have the 20 bucks to spare.

Hopefully you can get a spare $20 before October 31, 2009, because that's when the offer ends.

dudeness3

Reaction score
Hopefully you can get a spare $20 before October 31, 2009, because that's when the offer ends.
That ain't happening :p Then next sum of money coming in is my moms social security, and she's buying Left 4 Dead 2 for my Christmas gift. And although I love my site, L4D2 takes priority lol.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
That ain't happening :p Then next sum of money coming in is my moms social security, and she's buying Left 4 Dead 2 for my Christmas gift. And although I love my site, L4D2 takes priority lol.

lol

Corey does some promotions once in a while - he gave out coupon codes and discounts a month or so ago for paid hosting. So, I'm sure that there will be some more opportunities for you to get cheap paid hosting again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.