storage reduced to 1000 MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

balazs.bodo25

Reaction score
Excuse me. Today I entered my account through CPanel and noticed a reduction of storage space to 1000 MB. What is the cause of it, or is it just a temporary error? I hope files won't be deleted as at the wordpress-blog part (www.blasio.co.cc/wp), there are important things attached to blog posts (not just some MBs). My storage is overused, as about 3000 MBs are uploaded to the 1000 MBs storage... I am worried, should I start searching for a new or paid service? I was really pleased with the services here, I noticed longer breakdowns only 2 or 3 times (last 1 day or longer) so I do not want to move if not neccesary... Can you help me out with the problem? Thank you in advance.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/172734-disk-space-policy-change.html
That details the recent disk space updates. Seeing as you were over 500mb already I looked to see if it was possible to upgrade you, but I ran into a problem:

Unmetered Requirements
- Account must be one week old
- You must be using at least 500MB of your storage space
- You must have a working website online that falls inline with our terms of service

The wp directory is what's using the most disk, and along with that the wordpress install itself fails to follow the language requirement by being in Hungarian with no available translation to English, Spanish, or French as required by the TOS.

That said, it won't trigger a suspension at the moment, but until the language rule in the TOS is met, the current limit will stay. As for being over the 1000mb, it just won't allow further uploads until files are erased by you to bring it under 1000mb; it won't randomly start trashing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.