Strange change of domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

javiroquai2561

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm the guy that wrote the other thread with the same title. In fact, my user for the forums is javiroquai2561, but if I enter using the x10hosting login and create a support ticket from there, I appear to be gigacode (???).

I tried to answer to my own post login in as javiroquai2561, but it didn't worked, so I create this thread hoping someone knows what is going on here.

By the way, it seems you solved the session problem I had sometime ago:
http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/148938-weird-behaviour-session-variables.html

but as I said there your support service lefts a lot to be desired... I could login and manage my account for a couple of months...

Now if you finally have decided to delete my account, you are doing it WRONG!
If you are under maintenance... you are doing it WRONG!
and if you did nothing, things are going terribly WRONG!

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
You aren't the first person to report that you got randomly logged in as someone else, I'm forwarding this thread to the admins so they can take a closer look at it.

Your account is not deleted, and in fact is in good standing. I see a few High Resource Usage suspensions in your history, but those were from a while ago.

Don't expect premium service/support for something that you're getting for free. The support forum here is run almost exclusively by volunteers, meaning that we are giving support out of the kindness of our hearts and because we happen to like x10Hosting and feel like giving back to them (or various other reasons). If you want 1 hour ticket response times, etc., you should look at paid services.

As for maintenance, we go in and out of maintenance on the free servers semi-frequently due to the sheer number of people that sign up (we get over 1000 new signups for free hosting each day). As such, we constantly need to be expanding our system to handle the extra load. You can check if there is maintenance currently underway via our News and Announcements forum, which is also conveniently replicated in the x10hosting control panel

javiroquai2561

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. The community on x10hosting seems to be very good one, but I think the support and the info should be more specific.

As I said on the other thread, you should state clearly what features are ON and OFF or allowed and disabled. Also, you should put very clear the possibility of automatic suspensions, because it's something very disturbing the first time it happens.

Now it's a little kind of joke that x10hosting doesn't allow free users to use phpinfo() for security reasons, and one day you log in and appear into the account of any other guy... I entered into the account of someone that has nothing on the site, but I don't know who could be looking at my folders and config files right now...

In anycase, it's not your fault. I just want to have my site back again, hoping no one with bad intentions is taking the free lunch...

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Is your site linksticker.x10.mx? If so, I am not seeing any content on that site, just an empty subdirectory.

As for phpinfo(), it does expose some facts about the servers that could potentially allow hackers to gain an advantage in exploiting things. By keeping it disabled, they do not know what versions of things we are running or their configurations, which makes it more difficult for them to find a working exploit before being caught. The logging into other people's accounts is unintentional and will likely be fixed very quickly once the bug can be located.

Have you tried logging in with a different browser and/or clearing all cookies and stored session data for x10hosting? That may allow you to regain access to your own account if that is still an issue.

Last edited:

javiroquai2561

Reaction score
Thanks again.

I could now enter correctly. (But I don't know how could a stored thing on my browser give access to another account).

The databases are still there, but the html files are gone.

At the structure of the site, there is only one folder at the public_html: robneyx

And there are only 3 folders on the structure: this is the tree:

- /home/javierg
--- etc
------ ftpquota (file)
--- public_html
------ robneyx
--- tmp
------ cpbandwidth
--------- linksticker.x10.mx-bytes_log (file)

I think it was bigger before.

Anyway, I'll try to do the backup of databases.

Do you think it's better left things as they are for some time, hoping for the files to be restored, or i'll be better reuploading files and folders?

Thank you.

Last edited:

javiroquai2561

Reaction score
Hello.

Now I can login to my account, but I have a suspension that can't be solved automatically and I have to open a ticket... Is it OK here, or do I open a new ticket?

Please, let me know why my account is suspended today...

Status
Not open for further replies.