streaming videos

warlordste

Reaction score
if i want to put a video up how will i get it where you can play it stright from the site so it don't have to be downloaded

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You could create an account on youtube and then embed the video on your site.

Vspark

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend uploading it to youtube becuase the streams have such low quality. I would suggest uploading it to veoh.com or take a look at this site http://flowplayer.org/ its a good stream player to upload videos to your webhost and embed them to your site.

benjywright

Reaction score
Wow, Flowplayer seems simple enough, but also customizable. And by using such a player I won't have to worry about potential issues arising from YouTube's terms of service. Mainly, the simplicity of ripping videos from YouTube. I prefer keeping control over my videos. I've had people try to take credit for videos of one of my game projects before when they downloaded and reuploaded my video with the URL of their site pasted in the corner.

It took a good week to get my video removed from their profile, but by streaming directly form my site that's not an issue. Thanks for the info!
Edit:
Wow, Flowplayer seems simple enough, but also customizable. And by using such a player I won't have to worry about potential issues arising from YouTube's terms of service. Mainly, the simplicity of ripping videos from YouTube. I prefer keeping control over my videos. I've had people try to take credit for videos of one of my game projects before when they downloaded and reuploaded my video with the URL of their site pasted in the corner.

It took a good week to get my video removed from their profile, but by streaming directly form my site that's not an issue. Thanks for the info!

Last edited: