stupid colours in theme

walidno1

Reaction score
I am pissed at my theme colours. The home page has a grey white colour, the other theme (yellow one). The problem with the home page is that people I know (friends and family) don't like it

The problem with the yellow one is that perhaps its too bright........??? And I just can't decide what to use in the body instead of the current yellow-orange gradient..........If I use grey, then it doesn't look too good....PLZ Suggest smth (PS: I wanna keep the website theme format as it is).

Here is the websit ad: www.myriad.elementfx.com

Yellow theme: http://www.myriad.elementfx.com/Yellow.html

:rant2:

I am really pissed at the site.................seriously will blow my head if I have to rethink the colours...............

Oh and I just can't see to make a good header using blue colour :mad:

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit:
btw, PLZ PLZ PLZ help me.............................I want some suggestion coz as u can see I am not the most creative person around...............................THANKS

Last edited:

xvalnar

Reaction score
maybe a cyan lolz? well i kinda like both themes but ya the yellow one could be to brigth

edyel190

Reaction score
I like this color: #9dd525 it's a nice green, kind of bright too but nicer I guess!

Also you can try putting the same color at the top bar or mix it with the logo, because the contrast is not good, it seems like you cut something.

ciril tomy

Reaction score
Every color has it's own beauty!!!

Hi Friend,

You know every color has it's own beauty. And when you combine those colors with great matching it becomes awesome design.

When you come to web design color combination is very important. Some people think that graphics is the most important but that is not the only thing, Typography is the one which enhance the site and text color also is very important.

Every web sites can't be made in a same theme or style and color because every business has it's own professional style for example if you are making a hospital site you can't add a dark theme...

Whatever themes are depends on the business and the audience your are targeting.

Here I don't know what kind of business you are looking for whatever I prefer the first one. Still you can improve the site a better way.

My Suggestion;

1, Put your logo and Brand name at the top left side of your site. Since humans and ssearch engines start looking at a page from top left side of your page.
2, Avoid using inline CSS. Use external CSS.
3, Validate the code using W3C Validation tools.
4, Check for broken links and make sure that there are no broken links.
5, Make HTML and XML site maps.
6, Make robots.txt
7, Enable Gzip compression using .htaccess file.
8, Make custom 404, 403 pages.
9, Add redirect if necessary.
10, Set a preferred Domain with or without WWW.

Always plan before you start make web site. Make a sketch on paper beginning to the design to the end of marketing and analyzing.
Best of luck.

walidno1

Reaction score
ok, I changed the colours a little and added the menu bar.........check it out guys and give me a feedback....(I guess the font isn't that good but am using Ariel which I suppose is most used in websites?)
Edit:
ok guys, I have made the home page's body transparent.........Is it better or is the one with white body better (check http://www.myriad.x10hosting.com/Earning_Online.html for white body.)

which looks better. (or ne suggestions??????)

Last edited:

walidno1

Reaction score
mm.........u guys didn't say whether the new colours are good or bad.................I need some feedback..............

matthew88

Reaction score
Well i tired to look at ur website on all 3 links, however none of the pages opened to ur site.
However i ran into problems in the past with color theme problems before, half the people liked it half didnt, it bugged me, however i liked it so i was able to live with it. However to make my website more user friendly i decided to give the players the option to pick there own color them and sidebar/navigation-bar.

So pretty much i had to scratch my old index page and layout out and start over fresh. So if a user wasnt logged in they ended up with the default theme (black & gray) page background is black 24/7. However if a user is logged it will fetch there settings from database and save it in a session, within the session it tells the index page which layout them a person is using, which navigation bar a person is using and what color all these are in.

So if you lucky enough coming up with ideas for multi layouts and multi color themes could be beneficial to you visitors and hopefully less of a complaint factor for you.

walidno1

Reaction score
hmm.............yeah, edited the link......sorry........now it works...........plz view it....and give me some feedback