Stylish Pre-loaders

Teensweb

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to look for nice percent/pre-loaders?
I mean the one like in safari.....

Teensweb

Reaction score
I meant something like the crystal mac osX preloaders (not flash) just the .gif file.......
Preferably blue...........?

akkudreamz

Reaction score
well i checked the preloaders there in gif format try to generate one
here's a sample...
27.gif

I'll try to search for %age loaders too..

here's another one

http://www.ajaxload.info/

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
well i checked the preloaders there in gif format try to generate one
here's a sample...
27.gif

Reminds me of a dog chasing its tail !

Does anyone know where to look for nice percent/pre-loaders?...

Is this to give your visitors something to look at while they're loading that huge 1+MB banner you showed us on your other thread? Lol ;)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(bottom corner of this post) & make me :biggrin: -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback.Thanks

VPmase

Reaction score
Reminds me of a dog chasing its tail !

Is this to give your visitors something to look at while they're loading that huge 1+MB banner you showed us on your other thread? Lol

Please click my Reputation button (bottom corner of this post) & make me -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback.Thanks.

If you can't post something productive or helpful, don't post. Its as simple as that.

What about this?
preloader.png

Of course you're going to have to animate it for it to be used correctly.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
If you can't post something productive or helpful, don't post. Its as simple as that.

My post was meant in good humour. On the other thread I referred to, I spent a fair amount of time trying to help Teensweb, as he should know.

VPmase, you need to lighten up, & frankly I don't like your tone.

Daniel S

Reaction score
Ok, lets stop any argueing or flaming before it starts.

Thank you.

zen-r

Reaction score
Ok, lets stop any argueing or flaming before it starts. .

Agreed. Hopefully this is just one of those misunderstandings that happen when text fails to convey intonation & body language. :sadwavey:

Teensweb

Reaction score
"Is this to give your visitors something to look at while they're loading that huge 1+MB banner you showed us on your other thread? Lol ;)"

It's not 1MB. It's 2.33MB:biggrin:!
And that would be very foolish because mots users would only see the preloader instead of the logo. After-all the logo is placed at the very bottom of my html/php.
So it deosnt affect the page load speed(the only problem is that the animation shows a bit slowly. So I fixed that problem by reducing the number of frames and hence reduced the size below 1 mb!)
As I Said I want the loader for the entire page. I had already made one like that
see- http://www.teensweb.co.cc/Login
But the only problem is that it doesnt show the percentage. And I want an image to show the exact percentage.
Fortunately I got(almost made) one myself. Here is it, you might find it useful:
blue.png

Edit:
If you don't see the image, dont blame me! It means x10's server is down!

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
"Is this to give your visitors something to look at while they're loading that huge 1+MB banner you showed us on your other thread? Lol ;)"

It's not 1MB. It's 2.33MB:biggrin:!
And that would be very foolish because mots users would only see the preloader instead of the logo. After-all the logo is placed at the very bottom of my html/php.
So it deosnt affect the page load speed(the only problem is that the animation shows a bit slowly. So I fixed that problem by reducing the number of frames and hence reduced the size below 1 mb!)
As I Said I want the loader for the entire page. I had already made one like that
see- http://www.teensweb.co.cc/Login
But the only problem is that it doesnt show the percentage. And I want an image to show the exact percentage.
Fortunately I got(almost made) one myself. Here is it, you might find it useful:
blue.png

Edit:
If you don't see the image, dont blame me! It means x10's server is down!

2.33MB. Lol! It was a rather nice logo though.

I've just seen your website now, & can see your logo in action on the homepage. Pretty impressive effects - only main downside being that it makes it a bit harder to use one's mouse on the menus, & has been discussed, will add to the loading time.

I went to another page on your site & noticed that the effects were gone - your logo was back to plain vanilla flavour. Was this intentional?

On your other thread you mentioned you don't plan to get into Flash - seems like your website wants you to! ;)

P.S. that preloader pic you're showing here is static. I assume the full version is animated?

Teensweb

Reaction score
2.33MB. Lol! It was a rather nice logo though.
1.only main downside being that it makes it a bit harder to use one's mouse on the menus, & has been discussed, will add to the loading time.

2.I went to another page on your site & noticed that the effects were gone - your logo was back to plain vanilla flavour. Was this intentional?

3.On your other thread you mentioned you don't plan to get into Flash - seems like your website wants you to! ;)

P.S. that preloader pic you're showing here is static. I assume the full version is animated?
1. dint get what you mean.......?
2.which page?- so that I can fix it!
3.I dint do the flash part of the site. Just used a third party soft and it's much more easier than designing such a cool logo in flash.

zen-r

Reaction score
1. dint get what you mean.......?
2.which page?- so that I can fix it!
3.I dint do the flash part of the site. Just used a third party soft and it's much more easier than designing such a cool logo in flash.

1. Sorry for confusion. I guess I didn't mean your logo, but rather the effects used to replace one's mouse pointer with those orbs. That's what makes it harder to use one's mouse (plus the extra lag generated - one's mouse takes longer to respond to movement). All these effects & those of your logo add to the time it takes to load the page.

2. The Blog page.

3. Yeah, if there's software that does it for you, far better to use it. Why waste time learning stuff if you never plan to use it again? Life's too short!

Last edited:

Teensweb

Reaction score
1.But is the mouse sooooooooo annoying? It's only for the first page.And now my site loads considerably fast(for someone having a decent connection, though). So that doesnt affect it much.
2.The blog page is a separate website. So the logo is different.
3.Yeah.That's wer brain lies.....
And about the animated preloader, it is not much difficult to animate that, and it's meant to be used for showing a progress bar. So animation is not necessary.........

Have you ever used safari? Is there a way to get it's progress bar?
Edit:
Which browser are u in? Not IE, I hope?

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
1. Mouse not annoying, but may get a bit, if had to use it for long time.

Mainly use FF3, but occasionally IE when need to. Have used Opera in past, but not Safari because I'm on Windows (isn't Safari for Mac?)

You may find this helps ;

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Graphics/Progress-Bars-for-Safari.shtml

It tells you where to find your installed progress bars, & how to replace them. Presumably you can copy the 1 you like & use it elsewhere?

Edit:
Also, just noticed that on this site ;

http://www.smoke-mirrors.com/smweb/

if you click on the link for London, you get the sort of preloader you seem to be after.

larablow posted the link to that site on his thread here ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/94520-3d-animation.html

Apparently, he works for that company, so you may wish to get in touch with him if you want help/to copy that one.

Hope this helps.

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(bottom corner of this post) & make me :biggrin: -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback.Thanks

Last edited:

Teensweb

Reaction score
1. Mouse not annoying, but may get a bit, if had to use it for long time.

2. Mainly use FF3, but occasionally IE when need to. Have used Opera in past, but not Safari because I'm on Windows (isn't Safari for Mac?)

3. You may find this helps ;

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Graphics/Progress-Bars-for-Safari.shtml

It tells you where to find your installed progress bars, & how to replace them. Presumably you can copy the 1 you like & use it elsewhere?

Edit:
Also, just noticed that on this site ;

4. http://www.smoke-mirrors.com/smweb/

if you click on the link for London, you get the sort of preloader you seem to be after.

larablow posted the link to that site on his thread here ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/94520-3d-animation.html
1. It owrks quite well in FF.
2.Since u use FF, it shudnt be slow unless u have an older ver of flashplayer.
Safari is also for windows too
4.thanx