sub-subdomain problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahia

Reaction score
I had a subdomain: antiblog.yahia.exofire.net
When I first created it, it automatically created the folder antiblog, which is good.

Now, I want that same subdomain to point to another folder, not antiblog itself.
And it doesn't work. I should leave the 'antiblog' folder there without deletion, and when you enter the subdomain URL "antiblog.yahia.exofire.net",
it writes on the address bar the url to which it takes to, which isn't the purpose of a subdomain is it?

How can I solve this ?

sk1tL1L

Reaction score
hmm make a html file in the antiblog folder called 'index.html'.
but this is it:
<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='0;url=http://google.com'>
change the google.com to where ever you want to go. So when the user goes to ur address it will foward to somwhere else. Easy :D

Cubeform

Reaction score
hmm make a html file in the antiblog folder called 'index.html'.
but this is it:

change the google.com to where ever you want to go. So when the user goes to ur address it will foward to somwhere else. Easy :D

Don't do this! META redirects are ancient and break the browser's back button. Now there are two things you can do:

1. You can redirect the subdomain to another directory. In the subdomain options, you see a button called "Setup redirection". Choose your subdomain in the drop-down beside it, and click on that button.

2. You can create a file called "index.php" in the Antiblog folder. In the index.php file type this:

PHP:
<?php
  header('Location: <site you want to redirect to>');
?>

HTTP redirects are better than META redirects because they don't break the browser's back button.

yahia

Reaction score
Well I don't want a "redirect" !
I want the subdomain to act as a subdomain,
meaning that if you type antiblog.yahia.exofire.net/, it should only sdhow you the content of the folder /ab/, NOT take you to it by changing the URL in the address bar.

I don't want a redirect.
Edit:
No one has any idea?
I just don't understand why you can't create subdomain.domain.com without having it "pointing" to the folder "subdomain" this is weird

Last edited:

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
You can ask an admin to delete the antiblog folder and create a symbolic link to where your files for that subdomain actually are (an example of this is the www folder in the very root of your site, it doesnt physically exist, but you can use it as a folder name and it works just as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.