Subdomain Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinGate

Reaction score
Hello!

I'd like to ask something ... that i think i already know the answer ( but i still need some other oppinions ) especialy an answer from Corey.

I know that a domain can be easily moved from one webhosting to another webhosting. And that if a domain is set on a webhosting, the subdomains will obviously be used on that webhosting.

My crazy question is:
Can be my subdomain "blog.exofire.net" moved to my webhosting? (redirect it to run a website from my webhosting) ?

I've got a 100GB Webhosting with 1TB Bandwidth... but i like this subdomain i have from x10hosting.

If i would create a directory named "exofire" and upload webpage into it... can be my subdomain "blog.exofire.net" set to run "index.php" from that directory ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank You !

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Are you talking about using x10 for this, or another host? I HIGHLY doubt that they'll point one of their domains to another host for you to use. But, yes, technically it can be done, but I doubt they will. I could almost assure you they won't.
Edit:
Micro: Sorry for walking on you with that post, guess we submitted at the same time.

Last edited:

WinGate

Reaction score
I'm asking this because of few reasons:

1) My "subdomain" website is down almost everyday (and i think that people are tired to read my HELP threads every day)
2) If i will host the website on my webhosting (using the x10hosting subdomain):
- i won't use x10hosting bandwidth anymore
- i won't use x10hosting databases or resources
- my website will be up 99.9% and i won't bother anyone with threads like "My website is down"

Actualy if you read this you will know that i want to do something to help my website without to bother x10hosting in any way.

If it's not possible... is not problem & i will keep it like it is ... BUT ... if it's possible i think will be better for me and a bit better for x10hosting because they will save some databases, bandwidth & system resources.

I don't know if other think same like me but i apreciate any oppinion.

Thank you !

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
No, we do not support domain hosting. If the domain does not have a hosting account to go with it our backend system will delete it and return the name to being available for someone else to register.

Status
Not open for further replies.