Subversion Snapshot Script

termz-design

Reaction score
Hi thar,

I've been trawling the internet looking for a shell script that will automatically create a snapshot of a Subversion repository every night. Tried quite a few, but just does not work. So, I'll ask you guys. If someone would be so kind to make me a script to create nightly snapshots from an SVN repository. No need to lecture me on Cron, already know how it works, Crontab's set up. Here's some details you might need:

I'd really love it if you guys could help me out here.
Thanks,
Ciaran

termz-design

Reaction score
No, like something that would fetch the latest copy from Subversion, zip it and/or gzip it and put into a web-facing folder. The web server is separate from the Subversion, because I'm cheap I can't afford a VPS to do it all for me.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure this would even be allowed on x10hosting.

Script Hosting: Space provided by x10Hosting is to be used to create a functional website, we do not allow bots, content scrapers, or any other script that runs continuously on your account. Any scripts that are executed via cron or manually must be directly related to your website.

This would qualify as a Content Scraper.

Edit: Clarification, it wouldn't work on x10free. The paid TOS is different but whether it'd be allowed or not is questionable, x10vps it'd be a green light.

Last edited:

termz-design

Reaction score
Yeah I know. The project I use has got hosting on an SSH shell server, so it's fully allowed, I checked.