• No, Don't bother

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoosilver

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a suggestion just to keep x10hosting alive on every country without any restriction
http://x10hosting.com/forums/useful-information/166022-country-restrictions.html#post847070

I recommend for the new subscriber to make a forum post explaining the reasons and the true nature of their website before getting his account approved, In that case if there is anything against the regulation his account will be terminated, without offending anyone with restriction.

I recommend that the admin makes a sticky post for this matter, just to keep things clean.

Please, your feedbacks are essential for this to work.
Don't forget to thank if you approve.

Best regards.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
That would be far too difficult to manage. We get thousands of signups every day from users in countries marked high risk, asking the limited support staff we have to go through every one of those would be way too much.

abdoosilver

Reaction score
Can you give free account to people who use credit cards?, just as a way of verification.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you give free account to people who use credit cards?, just as a way of verification.

I personally would find that extremely suspicious to demand a credit card for a free service. That could go bad really quickly in more ways than one, and it'll turn away a lot of people, which would defeat the purpose of a free service here. Accounts from high risk countries at least have the chance to get an account. Is it really that offensive to wait for 7 days to request unlimited disk space? If the account holder complies with the TOS and the requirements to have the limits lifted, then they'll get unlimited disk space as promised.

abdoosilver

Reaction score
I'm from Tunisia, so my country is blacklisted not even a high risk, and i was just asking for those kind of people, so you don't turn them away if they agree to provide some extra information, like credit card etc, you just tell them they are blacklisted with no reason , that's offensive but if you ask them for some info, that would turn the bad guys away and you will probably end up with few registrations from those blacklisted countries.

That's the plan I was trying to explain.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Blacklisted countries are blacklisted for a reason -- usually due to US Export laws that prevent us from allowing to give you service, so it is for the most part out of our control.

Status
Not open for further replies.