Suggestion for main page

SonicCow

Reaction score
I was looking at the main page www.x10hosting.com and was reading the testimonial but when I followed the link his account has been suspended.

Maybe replace the testimonial with a working account. :dunno:

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I dun think that www.x10.com is related to x10Hosting...
I just checked their site and it looks nothing like x10Hosting or x10Gaming..filled with lots of ads and other stuff (correct me if I am wrong)
and I dun see where you find the testimonial?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
He edited his original, he typed too fast :)

The testimonial's in the lower right of http://www.x10hosting.com/

And yeah, freezebox.10hosting.com is suspended. Reason is probably inactivity, thats one catching a lot of users off guard.

Definitely a good suggestion though; if possible the Testimonials section (when it's done) shouldn't list suspended account testimonials.

davearonson

Reaction score
Inactivity-suspension policy change suggestion

Reason is probably inactivity, thats one catching a lot of users off guard.

Perhaps the policy could be modified to include an automatic notice. It also looks like two weeks may be a bit short. So, I would suggest something along the lines of:
  1. Don't log in for fifteen days, and you get a warning (by email).
  2. Don't log in for thirty days, and your account is suspended. (You can still log in, which would automagically unsuspend you. However, your web site is disabled until that happens.)
  3. Don't log in for sixty days, and your account is deleted.
(Back in the day, I had to come up with some kind of inactive-user deletion policy for my BBS, so I've given this sort of thing a bit of thought before.)

Also, just to make it a bit more relevant, maybe count logging into the hosting account, instead of only the forum. They're clearly tied together somehow behind the scenes, so the tracking should be able to do this.

-Dave