Support Ticket Closed - Problem Persists

Status
Not open for further replies.

whollick

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I truly appreciate the work all the administrators do here.
I also truly appreciate the FREE hosting service provided.
After the Chopin restore on 7/20/2010 I opened a support ticket concerning my addon domain tommobley.x10hosting.com.
http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/129725-addon-domain-did-not-restore.html
One solution was suggested by a staff member but it did not work.
This evening I found that the support ticket thread has been closed.
No valid solution has been found and and the problem persists.
How can the support ticket be closed without providing a solution to the problem?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
All tickets older than 1 day had been closed by admins because a lot of them were resolved when Fris finished up with its restores; yours is one of them that didn't finish though it looks like.

The good news is the way they all got closed was to avoid ones still active from falling through the cracks - rather than get it buried under 7 resolved-but-not-indicated-as-such threads staff were having everyone with an active issue repost, which you've done.

Now we just gotta hang tight for an account manager or other staff who can fix it figure out why the addon domain didn't restore; if push comes to shove they might just clear the DNS entries and have you remove/re-add it in cpanel then.

whollick

Reaction score
Thank you for the rapid reply.
I'm hanging tight for further instructions.
I have a complete, up to date back-up ready to load if need be.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

The problem is most likely because we do not allow .x10hosting.com addon domains anymore. However, if you let me know what folder it is supposed to point to I will add it for you since you had it before this new restriction.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Since we have not received a response I am marking this as resolved. If further assistance is needed please re-open this thread or create a new one. You can re-open this thread by clicking on the "Administrative" text at the top of the original post.

whollick

Reaction score
I have been offline for a few days for vacation. Sorry about the slow reply.
the addon domain was tommobley.x10hosting.com. The main domain (which did restore) is mansams.x10hosting.com.
Thank you.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. You main domain shows as wildwilly.x10hosting.com

2. If you want as an addon domain, its files will be kept in a subdirectory of public_html. ie, if you want it kept in /home/whollick/public_html/tom , tommobley.x10hosting.com/somepage.html will betommobley.x10hosting.com the file /home/whollick/public_html/tom/somepage.html.

Corey is asking you what directory do you want tommobley.x10hosting.com to point to?

whollick

Reaction score
I replied too quickly.
Soon after the recent equipment upgrade my main domain mansams.x10hosting.com restored.
It is no longer available.
That website's files were stored in public_html/mansams.x10hosting.com
The addon website's files were stored in public_html/tommobley.x10hosting.com
Those are the only two domains I ask x10hosting.com to host.
wildwilly.x10hosting.com should not exist.
It is likely something I created when I was trying to fix the problems I was having after the equipment upgrade.
I have all the files for the main and addon domain directories and can reload them if the directories are restored.
Thank you.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
These should be added.

If further assistance is required please re-open this thread or create a new one. You can re-open this thread by clicking on the "Administrative" text at the top of the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.