Support Ticket ID #24310 Unattended

Status
Not open for further replies.

svcadm

Reaction score
It's been a very long and frustrating week for most of us here. Even after the migration was complete, many sites aren't functioning properly yet. I have created many support tickets (after the migration completion) for various different problems at different times, and none were replied to. Then yesterday, on this (now closed) thread, I was asked about my ticket ID to which I did reply, and I almost immediately had my support ticked attended to by a staff. He asked me whether it was a FTP or cms problem and I replied, the later. After that it has been a very long time and I have neither received any replies, nor was the issue resolved. I keep reading in this forum advise by support stuff to not rant and create tickets which they promise will be taken care of. Unfortunately, so far my experience has not been very enjoyable.

So here is just a thread for everybody to notice. My only intention is to get the problem solved. The ticket system isn't as efficient as this, I think. I will close the thread myself after the problem is solved.

Again, my Ticket ID is 24310.

Here's a screenshot of the conversation so far:
x10.png

Attachments

• x10.png
    x10.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry you got dragged into the mess in the other thread. I'll see what I can do to help. Is there any more information in the drupal error log? I have a bit of experience in Drupal.

svcadm

Reaction score
I haven't enabled any such modules for cutting down the resource usage. And being on free hosting, I don't have access to configuration files or even ssh. :(

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

svcadm

Reaction score
Yes, as I said, I have disabled the logging and display of errors (as recommended by Drupal)
log.png
Since Drupal isn't supposed to be displaying error messages, I think mysql may be the problem. Here's a shot of the error:
error.png

Anyway, I"ll enable the logging and see what comes out.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You are right about Drupal displaying error messages. If you want to be safer, you can use the password protect directory tool of Cpanel to make sure none of your users accidentally see an error message.

I think by enabling the PHP error messages we can get more information and I can use that to find the source of the problem since Drupal doesn't provide much information.

svcadm

Reaction score
Here it is :
Code:
[08-Aug-2012 03:02:46] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function entity_language() in /home/svcadm/public_html/svcadm.tk/modules/node/node.admin.inc on line 435
[08-Aug-2012 03:02:46] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function entity_language() in /home/svcadm/public_html/svcadm.tk/modules/node/node.admin.inc on line 435
[08-Aug-2012 03:02:56] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function entity_language() in /home/svcadm/public_html/svcadm.tk/modules/node/node.admin.inc on line 435
[08-Aug-2012 03:03:39] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function entity_language() in /home/svcadm/public_html/svcadm.tk/modules/node/node.admin.inc on line 435
[08-Aug-2012 03:03:40] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function entity_language() in /home/svcadm/public_html/svcadm.tk/modules/node/node.admin.inc on line 435
[08-Aug-2012 03:08:15] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function hide_node_links_link_delete() in /home/svcadm/public_html/svcadm.tk/sites/all/modules/hide_node_links/hide_node_links.module on line 131
[08-Aug-2012 03:09:06] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function entity_language() in /home/svcadm/public_html/svcadm.tk/modules/node/node.admin.inc on line 435
[08-Aug-2012 04:09:05] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function hide_node_links_link_delete() in /home/svcadm/public_html/svcadm.tk/sites/all/modules/hide_node_links/hide_node_links.module on line 131

svcadm

Reaction score
The log talked about a module "hide node links" which I had previously removed (not just disabled, deleted). But somehow that came back like phoenix. Anyway, I deleted the folder, and as usual, went to run the update script. But that requires the site to be in maintenance mode. When I click the maintenance link, I get that error again:
"The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later."
Damn!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Anything new in the log?

Also, as a side note, please remember to disable the error logging when you are done troubleshooting.

Last edited:

svcadm

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Nothing new on the log. The other thing mentioned in the log (reference to unknown function in node.admin.inc ob line 435) is something I can't fix. Not a php guru. May be you can? :)
Syntax-Highlighted php Code

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The function on that line is defined by Drupal 7. You may need to ask for help on the Drupal forum on that one. Are you missing the file:

includes/common.inc

?

If that file is from a module, this module may be broken as well.

svcadm

Reaction score
No, that file is present. I think it's something caused by the migration. No idea what, but must be, because everything was fine until a few days ago. my guess is mysql. I do have backup_and_migrate installed, with 1 backup of part of the site, but no files. I really hate these things. I wish some server admin /dba had fixed it for me ... :(

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
This may work, but it's a little risky. If you do something wrong, you'll lose everything.

1) Copy your drupal installation and put it somewhere safe.
2) Delete your drupal installation from the server.
3) Re-install drupal USING A NEW DATABASE.
4) Delete the NEW database.
5) Copy the OLD database to what the NEW database was named.
6) Replace the "sites" folder in your NEW install with your OLD install.

I think what may have happened is changes were made to your database and filesystem. However, the server move copied an old version of the database (or filesystem) and a new version of the other and they're out of sync. It's kind of a long shot theory, but it's all I've got :/

svcadm

Reaction score
That was what I had thought too. Not a "very" long shot. But I guess I"ll wait for a couple of days more till everything settles down a bit. Then I"ll do those experiments. I hope I don't have to start from the scratch again.

Thanks for your help.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You're welcome. Please remember to change your settings.php file back to how it was originally to be on the safe side.

svcadm

Reaction score
Yeah, that was taken care of. But the site is showing the default "Welcome to x10... just created" page again. Also, the mail server isn't working.

mail.png

svcadm

Reaction score
The site is back online and the mail server is working as well. I created a few more mysql backups via "backup and migrate" module, but the "restore" link is throwing that dreadful error message. I don't know if the b&m backups can be imported from phpMyAdmin. And considering the fragile state of the server, I'm not even gonna try. Why was I seeing the default page today? Was is because somebody was trying to fix something or is everything still messed up? Given the fact that the status page of x10 is showing stale news after a loooooong hiccup, I'm really scared to try anything there right now. I could delete the entire site and start over, but my sysadmin mind is telling me that's not a good idea.

I thought you guys had the entire sites including ALL the files and database backed up. Can't you revert it back to the day you did the last backup? I'm assuming that's not more than 10 - 12 days old ? If the files and db were restored together then there shouldn't be a sync problem, right?

You aren't using veritas by any chance, are you ?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
There are no backups. If there was a backup made before the move, it will be the same as what you have now, minus the changes you've made recently.

Last edited:

svcadm

Reaction score
There are no backups. If there was a backup made before the move, it will be the same as what you have now, minus the changes you've made recently.

Dear Garrett,
Do you mean to say that "THERE ARE NO BACKUPS", or that I was right about everything I said ?

It's kinda confusing...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
There are no backups. I was referring to the old server before the move, not a back up, per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.