Support Ticket ID #24310 Unattended

Status
Not open for further replies.

svcadm

Reaction score
There are no backups. I was referring to the old server before the move, not a back up, per se.
I must be really stupid, but I really don't understand what you are saying. The backup I am referring to is the one that x10 staff have been referring to from the very start of this ridiculous migration misadventure. And they have been assuring us that everything is backed up, including database and files.
Now, I don't know what you are thinking about, but I would like you to tell me if I am wrong in assuming that the x10 admins had our stuff backed up before starting the migration, so that they can revert back sites in case they screw up, which they obviously have.

Last edited:

svcadm

Reaction score
BTW, here's the 1-day-old "update" on the ticketing "service"...
image.png

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I must be really stupid, but I really don't understand what you are saying. The backup I am referring to is the one that x10 staff have been referring to from the very start of this ridiculous migration misadventure. And they have been assuring us that everything is backed up, including database and files.
Now, I don't know what you are thinking about, but I would like you to tell me if I am wrong in assuming that the x10 admins had our stuff backed up before starting the migration,

Firstly, I'm sorry for the confusion. Please bear with me as I don't have access to your files or your databases or your Drupal admin area. If you would like to schedule a time to meet me online on the IRC chat, I would be happy to help you live instead of going back and forth over the forum like this.

I'm saying you shouldn't think of it as a back up. The back up is for missing files, missing databases, or missing accounts. You aren't missing anything except for the modules you deleted, which should be missing. Please see this announcement: http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/180684-support-system.html

I have another idea that should be safe and relatively easy. Please try disabling all of your Drupal modules, uninstall them, and then re-install them, since the information you've given me so far is all related to missing modules. There are no database errors and there are no missing files as far as I've been able to find thus far, except for missing modules.

1) Back up your database
2) Clear your Drupal cache. http://drupal.org/node/42055
* If the error is gone, ignore the rest of these instructions. Your problem should be solved.
3) Follow the instructions on disabling all modules: https://techcommons.stanford.edu/topics/drupal/disable-and-re-enable-all-contributed-modules-once
* If the error is still there, ignore the rest of these instructions. Your problem is not related to missing modules. Please update this thread.
4) Back up your sites/all/modules folder in your Drupal installation directory.
5) Use the Drupal AdminCP to uninstall all contrib (non-core) modules
6) Re-install all of your contrib modules.
7) Re-enable all of your modules (contrib and core)

If you don't want to do this, then you can request a restore. That has to be done through a ticket, so please create a new ticket with "Missing files and databases"(or something like that) in the title. I think you will end up with your account exactly as it was after the move; with the Drupal error.

Again, I'm sorry for the frustration and for not explaining the situation very well. I hope that this advice is more helpful and that your issue is resolved soon. As I stated earlier, asking for help on the Drupal forums may get you better help. I am not a Drupal expert and they probably can troubleshoot the problem faster.

Last edited:

svcadm

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Installing/uninstalling of modules requires that the update.php script be run. That in turn requires that the site be put in maintenance mode. As I have said earlier, it is NOT possible to put the site in maintenance mode, because that is giving me the same error message:
The website encountered an unknown error. Please try again later.

If this was in my localhost, I would restart the mysqld and httpd, but that's obviously not an option here.

I think you will end up with your account exactly as it was after the move; with the Drupal error.
You mean EVEN if the site was completely restored to the state BEFORE the start of migration? Why do you think that? The problem wasn't there before the migration.

svcadm

Reaction score
UPDATE:
I disabled ALL the modules, and that allowed me to put the site in maintenance mode, and thus, run the update script. I'm hoping I will be able to fix this. Will keep you updated.
Again, thanks for your help. :)

svcadm

Reaction score
Good news !!!
Things do seem to be working fine. Removed a bunch of modules, including ctools, panels, nice menus etc. I was getting too involved in Drupal rather than focusing on content. I guess I don't need all that. (except geshifilter with custom library).

svcadm

Reaction score
Well friends, everything seems to be functioning properly now. I can add contents too. Just enabled the geshifilter with customised "bash" library to reflect solaris and linux commands. You can check it out here.

@garrettroyce,
Thanks for all the help, man! :)

Since the problem is solved, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.