Support Ticket Ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.

jushen10

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had Support Ticket #24548 - Missing Files / Parked Domain / Subdomain / MySQL Database open for more than a week now with no response. How long should I wait before expecting an answer? I know that you're extra busy because of the recent migration, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe my ticket was overlooked somehow :(

Thanks!

logansryche

Reaction score
Tickets are not being overlooked, the X10 staff is being stretched because there are problems with the migration.
Several accounts were not copied over correctly and it's a matter of finding them and copying them over correctly.
Patience is of virtue. I've had a ticket open since 9/5 and I know they'll get to it.

theworkshop

Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that people would be more understanding if there was better communication from the administration team.

I keep looking back at this 'Free Hosting' section of the forum expecting to see a communication from admin outlining the general situation and some sort of explanation. The last post stickied at the top of this section was on... oh what? There is no info at all here in stickies.

I'm a pretty patient type especially when I am using a free service. I don't think any of us have a right to expect more than we pay for and it does worry me that some of the comments I have read could even push things to the situation where free accounts become too much bother to justify their being. We just have to be patient, lodge no more than one support ticket and wait for the response. If you can't wait or if it's mission critical for reasons your 'business' will fail if the site stays down for a while then consider using your backup and migrating to another server.

I have been migrated to vox and the web page hangs if I try accessing it by typing [useraccount].x10host.com BUT I did some experimenting and found after setting up a domain name add on, if I type in my own private domain name www.[mydomainname].info it loads the hosted page correctly. I have still got access to cpanel and if you still have you might try this... buy a domain name and follow this tutorial to set it up: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Your_Own_Domain I'm not saying this will work for everyone but you may find your x10 web site starts to load up for you again. Remember, this may take 48 hours or more to start working so set it up and wait! Good luck!

Just for the record, I have not yet lodged a support ticket because I don't see that overloading the system is going to help matters. I'll just wait till things all start getting back in shape and lodge one then if the fix doesn't rectify my access automatically.

Please post feedback in this thread if you followed my suggestions and found it worked!! Letting others know there is a way around this could save people from frustration of being unable to use their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.