Suspended account because of using compress in files manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre39

Reaction score
Good evening,

My account just has been suspended because I used the compress utility in files manager... I 've been suspended one or two times before while compressing files to have a backup of my files...

Is it possible to be unsuspended (just trued twice the autounsuspension action... but seams to be inactive...) ?? Now, I am not able to connect to cPanel via http://chopin.x10hosting.com:2082/login/

By the way, may be I do not see it, but does a backup utility exist on the cPanel ??
Thank you for your help !! and waiting for what I have to do now...:eek:

Webmaster of assop39.x10hosting.com

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unsuspended; we used to have a backup utility in cpanel but it caused resource issues cause it did the same thing you're trying to do actually :S

pierre39

Reaction score
It's ok... I have a question: what do you suggest for backup? Thanks !

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Break it into smaller pieces, or use FTP to download everything. Breaking it into smaller pieces will mean it has less work to do before the high resource usage stuff kicks in :)

pierre39

Reaction score
OK, fine, so you comfirm FTP is a good way to transfer files...
Have a good night Livewire and thanks again!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
FTP is pretty much the best way to transfer files. That should not hit the resource usage monitor one bit. Compress Files does tend to consume a lot of resources, especially if you have a ton of files (small ones) or you're trying to compress zipped up files into another compressed file. Even then, if you compress the files in parts and wait a little while, you could download the files in parts via FTP as you compress them, should you not want to go the route of waiting for every file to transfer via FTP which can take a while, especially with the smaller files.

Status
Not open for further replies.