suspended account reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajnesh

Reaction score
hi

after a lot of struggle i finally got my wordpress up (again)

installed a few plugins and a good theme and put up all the basics

after that i started "shopping around" for a good file host (only for myself NOT MY USERS) so i could mask the url of my files and limit the amount of downloads with time...

anyway after i tried a few 6-7 --( i uploaded --installed --removed --start again)
then my account was suspended...

question...

was it because of all the uploading unzipping and deleting causing this or the bandwidth useage.

I ask this because if it is an issue with bandwidth can suspension also be caused by too much downloading by my users--in which case i shall be forced to use rapidshare

please i will be glad to get any response

thank you all so much for help on my mysql issues you all were very nice

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Most likely it is the uploading causing the suspension. About how large are the files?

rajnesh

Reaction score
well zipped no more than 1mb each ... in fact only 700kb...
unzipped bout 1.5-2.5 mb

anyway im unbanned an working ....
what about user useage...i mean my users downloading later...

what kind of restriction is there....so i can use my file host to manage accordingly

thanks for the quick response btw
Edit:
and just as i say that apache goes offline....
:) *prays*

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Is it unzipping the files on the server?

Downloading shoudn't be a problem.

rajnesh

Reaction score
yes i did unzip A LOT of files on the server as it made uploading a lot easier (only 1 FTP connection from Filezilla No waiting for response and welcome message for 700+ files )

if that was the reason thank feel free to close this thread....

1 last thing :
i know there are some logs in my cpanel that will tell me that i am getting close to using too much of the server resources ...what log is that

if after seeing said log i do realize that i am close to being suspended what actions can i take to prevent suspension

finally what happens to a site if say on the 20th it runs out of bandwidth...
suspension?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not too sure what happens to sites if they run out of bandwidth, but a suspension is likely. I highly doubt this will happen though, so I don't think you've got anything to worry about. You have to get a heck of a lot of visitors in order to do this.

There are no cPanel logs that will tell you when you're nearing the high resource usage limit, but you may see warnings about execution time limits and memory limits in the 'Error log' section of cPanel. It seems as if cPanel itself is triggering the high resource usage suspensions, so I think it was unzipping lots of files that caused your account to be suspended.

-Luke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.