suspended account

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbanda3192

Reaction score
Hello

My account with the username dwebs has been suspended today due to spamming but frankly speakin i never practice spamming. May you please reactivate it.

Your consideration will be greatly appreciated.

yours sincerelly
David.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Something in your account tried to send 500 emails within an hour, past 100 they got blocked though.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Upon further investigation, it appears your account may be compromised. The mailsending file came from a different IP, but was uploaded through ftp using your username, which means they managed to find out your password.

I have unsuspended your account and removed the file in question. You will not be able to access cPanel or FTP before you set a new, secure, password through account panel.

Note that should it happen again, the suspension would be permanent as that would indicate you didn't take necessary steps to keep your password secure and private.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick side-note, may not hurt to quick run a virus scan -before- changing the password - if it's your actual computer that's compromised, then anything going through it is at risk, including the new password.

If you used your old password at any other site (credit cards, banks, etc), change it there too for safety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.