Suspended Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00ted80

Banned
Reaction score
I apologize. I was not aware of the contents being a copyright infringement. I will modify and remove any copyrighted material if I can receive access to my control panel again. Thank you and I'm truly sorry for this issue. I was unaware.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately copyright infringement is one of the zero tolerance suspension reasons; Jagex has made it pretty clear that they do not allow redistribution of modified versions of their client as well though, nor do they allow the private servers (especially if they get halfway popular).

But since it's copyright infringement, we can't provide access to the account or backups.

b00ted80

Banned
Reaction score
Well I will remove any files that are against Jagex's policies off the server. Just let me access them. I cant access them if I'm suspended. How else am i supposed to get my files back? I had very important files there that I do not have backup's anywhere.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account is permanently suspended. Any access to your account (including backups) is not allowed.

b00ted80

Banned
Reaction score
I understand that you have the right to suspend my account and remove access to it. However you do not have the right to delete my files and not provide them back to me. I did all my editing on the server and I want them back. Otherwise this is called theft of property and i can file a lawsuit against you. Irrelevant of the material, it was still my property and I don't have right now.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Backups are solely your responsibility as you agreed with the Terms of Service when you signed up for an account. There is zero tolerance for illegally uploading copyrighted material. It's against US law and it breaks x10hosting's terms of service.

b00ted80

Banned
Reaction score
I love x10hosting.

Edited by Livewire - Post nuked for language and lawsuit threats. Your son uploaded copyright infringing material - bringing this to court wouldn't go over well with Jagex I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Also per the TOS:

Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold x10Hosting harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney's fees asserted against x10Hosting, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless x10Hosting against liabilities arising out of:

* * Any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with x10Hosting's server;
* * Any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
* * Copyright infringement and
* * Any defective products sold to customer from x10Hosting's server.

Specifically, Any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;

Per that same TOS you already broke, you've already agreed to not attempt any form of legal compensation when infringing on the rights of a third party.

Wasting our time with threatening lawsuits won't help anyways. Since this issue is closed and a lawsuit has been threatened however, I am closing the ticket.

Edit: Oh, and banned for language. Enjoy the permanent suspension, and the permanent ban.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.