Suspended: appeal link doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

camyax10

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a user of x10hosting typically based in the United Kingdom, but am currently in France for a few days. Unfortunately, as I am a new user and thus ignorant of the details of country blacklisting, I tried to login to my site's cPanel and was thus suspended for using the site in an unauthorised country. I have reconnected to it from a UK IP using my university's VPN service (which I ordinarily use for access to academic resources when away from the university site), but the suspension link to an appeals page doesn't appear to work: it results in an unspecified error message.

I appreciate that in accessing the site from a foreign country I have broken the rules, albeit unwittingly, but is there any recourse from this suspension? If not, I would be very grateful for the opportunity to recover the data held on the site - it isn't very much, but represents several hours of work that I'd rather keep.

Many thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide, and once again my apologies for this unfortunate mistake.

wooprapp

Reaction score
Hi,
Unfortunately x10 only allows access to the registered IP Address. Accessing your account from another IP Address is strictly against the rules. Doing so will result in a permanent Account Suspension. The Administrators refuse to unsuspended any account that's been abusive by multiple accesses of multiple IP Addresses. As result (if I remember right), your account will remain on hold forever due to the abuse and don't meet the requirements of a Temporary Suspension which can be unsuspended by yourself. Which means all your data will remain locked (unless they do delete abusive accounts) forever.

Also, I'd like to add that we're technically not allowed to register a new account (I don't think); unless you're given special permission. So, I'd recommend you connect support and ask permission to re-register.

John Yancey

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hi,
Unfortunately x10 only allows access to the registered IP Address. Accessing your account from another IP Address is strictly against the rules. Doing so will result in a permanent Account Suspension. The Administrators refuse to unsuspended any account that's been abusive by multiple accesses of multiple IP Addresses. As result (if I remember right), your account will remain on hold forever due to the abuse and don't meet the requirements of a Temporary Suspension which can be unsuspended by yourself. Which means all your data will remain locked (unless they do delete abusive accounts) forever.

Also, I'd like to add that we're technically not allowed to register a new account (I don't think); unless you're given special permission. So, I'd recommend you connect support and ask permission to re-register.
I would like to note that we actually do allow the accounts to be accessed from different IP addresses other from where the account was created from but we do block connections made from other countries/regions or if the network is being marked for past abuse of our services or being marked as as VPN or proxy service.

wooprapp

Reaction score
I would like to note that we actually do allow the accounts to be accessed from different IP addresses other from where the account was created from but we do block connections made from other countries/regions or if the network is being marked for past abuse of our services or being marked as as VPN or proxy service.
My last account was suspended permanently because I always use a VPN. They gave me permission to register another account but told me they limit accounts to be accessed by one IP Address. I guess they changed it, so are VPNs allowed now?

John Yancey

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
My last account was suspended permanently because I always use a VPN. They gave me permission to register another account but told me they limit accounts to be accessed by one IP Address. I guess they changed it, so are VPNs allowed now?
No, using a VPN or proxy service while connecting to your free web hosting service with us is still against our terms of service and can result in the account becoming suspended/terminated. We do highly recommend users use the same network they used to sign up so their account will not be linked to other accounts with past abuse that have used that network which can result in the account being blocked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.