suspended by using Cometchat???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lozu95

Reaction score
Dear Staff at x10hosting:
I am using Cometchat so I can have member interacting with each other. However, after following on how to install Cometchat I got suspended by x10hosing.

As you know, I'm first time seeing this message and i'm currently stunned. I do not know how this error accour if I'm just using a chat bar.

Please help...
thanks

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It occurred because the TOS explicitly forbids the use of mysql chatboxes and shoutboxes due to the amount of queries they take. You installed CometChat, which I've already confirmed uses MySQL, and my scanner detected you running it, and then it suspended you for it.

The good news is had this remained a chatbox suspension you could've upgraded to illuminated or premium and recovered the account.

The bad news is I just found the x-mobile nulled release tag in your IPB install, so you are now permanently suspended for nulled software and there -isnt- a way to recover the data from this, even by upgrading. Hope it was worth it.

lozu95

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.
i have a question?
what is nulled? i need help, cuz i don't understanding it.
i googled it, dosen't say much and offered me full nulled script etc.
is nulled a good thing?

sorry for making trouble..

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Nulled is a -bad- thing. A very very very very very (did I say very) bad thing.

Nulled software is pay-to-use software such as vBulletin or Invision Power Board, which has been illegally modified by a third party to remove all the callbacks and functions that confirm that software is being used with a license, and then said release group releases it for free.

Your install of Invision Power Board is one of these nulled releases. Your account was in violation of severs US Copyright Laws as well as our TOS under the sections Warez and Copyright Infringement, hence why your account has been permanently suspended, all access permanently removed, and no backups provided.

You do need to do research on the scripts you're planning to use in the future. You installed CometChat, which clearly breaks the TOS, and you installed it into an illegal install of IPB - a quick search on google turns up that Invision Power Board isn't free. ANY time you search a script and it says it's not free, and you found a place you can get it for free, chances are it is NOT a legal copy you're about to download.

Closing the ticket as there is nothing further to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.