Suspended due to high system resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh72

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me with this. My account has been suspended 3 times in the past few days for 'high system resource usage'. I've been able to unsuspend myself each time, but it's just a nuisance that it happens in the first place. What i want to know is why does it keep getting suspended? My site is built on wordpress. Lately I've been getting stuck into developing my site, so that means i have to actually be on it a lot. Doing things like installing plugins, doing testing, etc. The first two times i got suspended, i had been working on my site for a fairly long time, hours or so. But this third time, just around 10 minutes ago, I got suspended just for visiting my page. Can anyone tell my why this is happening and what i can do to stop it?
Oh and also, on the account suspension page there is a link to where the account can be unsuspended. It points towards x10hosting.com/panel.php. This link doesnt appear to be working, I think maybe the correct link should be x10hosting.com/control?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
What plugins are you running with WordPress? WordPress is known to use high system resources.

On free hosting, avoid using cache plugins as generating the cache files often triggers high resource usage suspensions. I see you're using W3 Total Cache. Try deactivating that.

josh72

Reaction score
Ok thanks yeah I'll deactivate that
Heres a full list of the plugins i have running:
All in One SEO Pack
Google Analyticator
Menubar
NextGEN Gallery
rpx
SexyBookmarks
Share and Follow
WordPress Importer
WPtouch iPhone Theme
and like you already identified, W3 Total Cache
So which other ones should i deactivate?
And when i go onto paid hosting eventually, will i be able to run any plugins without being suspended?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

huh it just got suspended again!!!

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

not sure if i managed to deactivate w3 total cache or not, i clicked deactivate then it comes up with the suspension page

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
You should now be unsuspended.

Deactivating may have caused it as I know W3 Total Cache deletes all the files it creates once you deactivate it and this may have triggered it.

<!-- Performance optimized by W3 Total Cache. Learn more: http://www.w3-edge.com/wordpress-plugins/

Minified using disk
Database Caching using disk
Object Caching 829/958 objects using disk

Served from: reykelsblog.x10hosting.com @ 2010-08-12 22:03:44 -->

Seems to still be active. Try deactivating it from the settings page, then manually delete the cache files (wp-content/w3t), and then deactivate it.

On paid hosting, this shouldn't cause a suspension as there are much higher limits, but since this is shared hosting there are still limits. I recommend configuring some settings on W3 Total Cache to avoid using too much CPU. This is a useful guide: http://zemalf.com/1443/w3-total-cache/

Last edited:

josh72

Reaction score
Okay i don't know what the hecks going on now
Heres exactly what i did:
Opened up filezilla, connected to my site, deleted that folder 'w3t'
Went into the admin section of my site, went to plugins, below 'w3 total cache' clicked 'deactivate'
Then it comes up with an 'error establishing database connection' page
So i go back and try again, same result
Then i open up a new tab and go to my site, and guess what pops up, a damn hosting account suspension page!
Please help i don't have a clue whats going on

josh72

Reaction score
Okay I finally managed to delete the w3 total cache plugin
So far I havent had any problems
Thank you techairlines :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I am marking this thread as resolved.
If you need additional assistance, feel free to create another support thread or re-open this thread.
*****Thread Closed*****

Status
Not open for further replies.