Suspended for resource usage, and my wordpress website had almost no use

Status
Not open for further replies.

shdus1

Reaction score
My website hosted at x10 was suspended within the past day. The thing is that during the whole month of August, my website used a whole 5mb of bandwith. It is a simple wordpress installation, and I feel that I might have been suspended in error. I was able to unsuspend it, but I am concerned that other people might have similar problems, and if this ever happens again. (Also, suspensions stay on your record to some extent, right?)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
High server resource usage suspensions don't necessarily mean you have exceeded your bandwidth limit. They can be caused by a script processing something for a while or something that puts a high load on the server.
High resource suspensions do stay on your suspension history. The first two times it happens, you can unsuspend yourself automatically but the third time it happens you have to request manual unsuspension.
We recently enabled these suspensions.

I am not sure why but many of these suspensions result from a user using WordPress. It may be a plugin or the way it handles things.

Last edited:

shdus1

Reaction score
Thing is that from looking at my raw access logs, no one visited my site this month. And I don't have any cron jobs. Something doesn't make sense here.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I have unsuspended your account. If you would like to know what caused this suspension, I'll be glad to escalate this thread to a support ticket where a staff member can assist you.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I am escalating this thread to a support ticket where a staff member can assist you.
To view the support ticket, click on the yellow bar at the top of this page.
*****Escalating Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.