Suspended hosting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godbot3000

Reaction score
Hello,
My end-users have informed me that my domain hosted with your service is returning a suspended account message. Upon further inspection, I have ascertained that a shoutbox script that I installed was the reason for it. Admittedly, this is my fault for not reading the ToS more closely. However, as suspension seems to disable cpanel and ftp, I cannot remove the script. As such, may I ask for one of these capacities be reactivated, or, if this is a permanent suspension, could I be notified of that?

Thanks,
Godbot3000

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The mysql chatscript violates the TOS severely enough to remain permanent because the mysql using chatscripts tend to hammer mysql more than the server can handle. It's not something we can unsuspend for.

Godbot3000

Reaction score
I realize that, on another host I am with the script actually broke the bandwidth allotment at one point. That's why I actually modded the script to refresh on a far slower interval than the initial settings. After 2 refreshes in around 30 seconds, the script goes to refreshing every 5 minutes and takes exponentially longer from there on. Given this and the relatively low traffic of my site (I estimate an average of 3-7 people staying on the page with the script at any given time), I cannot imagine how this could generate an impact more severe than say, another site that's using more than 80% of their bandwidth allotment.

Though I suppose my point is moot, with a large scale operation such as x10, it would be understandably difficult to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. However, I would still like to request at least ftp access to make a recent backup.

Thanks,
Godbot3000

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
We do not allow any access to suspended accounts.

Godbot3000

Reaction score
I see.

Just for clarification, there wouldn't be any changes if I upgraded to premium hosting (i.e. my account on the server has already been deleted), correct?

Thanks,
Godbot3000

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account is currently suspended. It will be automatically deleted by the system sometime after 14 days, though that time period could be quite a bit longer.

Godbot3000

Reaction score
That's not quite what I'm asking.

I'm saying, suppose I pay for a month of premium hosting now, would my account be unsuspended for me to make a backup or carry on normal operations?

Thanks,
Godbot3000

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
No. Your account is currently suspended for a zero tolerance violation of TOS because of your chat script. Your account will not be unsuspended under any circumstances until it automatically terminates in a period of time after 14 days. No access will be given to your account at all until it's terminated. No backups will ever be given.

If you pay for a month of premium hosting now, then you'll have to upload your own local backup of your site that you already have in order to carry on normal operations.

Godbot3000

Reaction score
That's a rather large hole in x10's business strategy then. Oh well.

Thanks to all who responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.