Suspended twice in 2 hours for High resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathyabhat

Reaction score
Alright my hosting account http://sathyabh.at/ was suspended TWICE in the past 2 hours, - "for high Server resource usage".

Now what does High resource usage constitute? I mean my blog gets hardly 50-80 page views a day. If that's minimal I don't know what is.

Besides the account suspension, the site AND x10's site was down for good 3 hours earlier. DDoS ?

To think I can't even access Cpanel and take a backup so that I can move over.

edit:could you guys _atleast_ tell me when It'll me unsuspended or unsuspend it so that I can take a backup?

Last edited:

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
The earlier downtime you may have seen was as a result of a dns server going down, it didnt effect everyone. High resource usage is explained elsewhere, in that it is prolonged cpu usage or high memory usage.. a script that inadvertently ends in an infiniate loop would cause this, for example.

sathyabhat

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Now I haven't added any scripts to my blog, neither have I done any changes. Except for a theme change. Would that result in a high resource usage?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Theme change should not have. It can sometimes be caused by crons running. Specifically with wordpress I've seen the sitemap script that goes with it get an account suspended.

Is it suspending you from a stock install?

sathyabhat

Reaction score
I dont have any cron jobs running. Have a google sitemap plugin but that thing has been there since day 1. The new theme has a clock js and a gallery js. And the suspension still hasnt been lifted. Or is it going to a unsuspended-suspended recursive cycle?
'stock wordpress' meaning? As in I havent changed any of core wp-files, neither am I using any enhancement such as K2

Status
Not open for further replies.