Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonicDemon

Reaction score
Im suspended Again and it hasnt even been 2 weeks look >> You last visited: 08-12-2009 at 04:05 AM

thats only 1 week as of today

either something is wrong with this inactivity timer thing or someone just like to Suspend people

I have said it before this inactivity timer needs to be set for more then 2 weeks its a dam joke

+ you guys say this also ( if this suspension is not resolved within 14 days your hosting account may be terminated )

Now what if i or someone are on vacation or cant get online and to login with-in
a month then there site is canceled and lose everything

Im just saying this because its just not the right way of running a hosting site even tho its free

Anyways can i get my site unsuspended

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

lhyman

Reaction score
one question:

is your forums & cpanal username the same?

"DemonicDemon" for both?

are the two accounts linked?

DemonicDemon

Reaction score
2 different names

The button is not there to unsuspend my site

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
one question:

is your forums & cpanal username the same?

"DemonicDemon" for both?

are the two accounts linked?

That wouldn't be possible, as the cPanel username can only be up to eight characters long. A hosting account cannot be used if it is not linked to a forum account, and the registration process cannot be completed if a forum account is not linked.

2 different names

The button is not there to unsuspend my site

I'm not sure why the button wouldn't be there; did you try visiting your website and following the instructions given in the suspension notification?

lhyman

Reaction score
but doen't he have to make a forum account with the same username as his cpanel name, isn't that what it means to link your account?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I went to cpanel > View Suspension Report

and nothing on the bottom

I don't believe you're able to access your cPanel right now, if you're suspended. Could you provide the URL of your website so someone else can check if it's really suspended or not, and you're not getting an old, cached version of your page (if you may have unsuspended yourself)?

but doen't he have to make a forum account with the same username as his cpanel name, isn't that what it means to link your account?

To link your account means to correlate a forum account with your hosting account. The two usernames don't necessarily have to be the same; they just have to be owned by the same person.

lhyman

Reaction score
Then exactly how does the system know if you haven't logged on to the forums in two weeks? how does the system link the two accounts? does it search by name or by email address? I guess what I'm asking, is the system flawed in the case of this user?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

When you go to the Account Panel, are you sure you're logging in with the forum account that's linked to the hosting account that is currently suspended?

Here is a direct link to a list of your suspensions:

http://x10hosting.com/panel.php?suspensionreport

Then exactly how does the system know if you haven't logged on to the forums in two weeks? how does the system link the two accounts? does it search by name or by email address? I guess what I'm asking, is the system flawed in the case of this user?

The system is not flawed. There are many instances where the users have not properly linked accounts, or are not signing in as expected. If you read the blog post link I provided on the second post of this thread, you can learn more about how people are suspended (or if you're too lazy to scroll up, here it is again):

http://adamparkzer.co.nr/blog/x10inactivity

(The bottom "But Wait!" section would be of best interest to you.)

Last edited:

lhyman

Reaction score
PS:

Thanks for the info. I understand how it works now...

DemonicDemon

Reaction score
my site is saying that its suspended and hosting account is suspended but i cant unsuspend when i go to View Suspension Report

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
PS:

Thanks for the info. I understand how it works now...

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

my site is saying that its suspended but i cant unsuspend when i go to View Suspension Report

Could you copy and paste the reason of your most recent suspension? If you really did get suspended for inactivity, you should be given an option to unsuspend yourself, so seeing as you can't unsuspend yourself, I have a feeling that it might be for something else.

zen-r

Reaction score
@adamparkzer - nice blog write-up on inactivity/ suspension, by the way. Is this going to be used as part of the KB?

The more additional tips you can add to that suspension list, the better. I have seen numerous different suspension problems & possible solutions posted in the forums over the months. Unfortunately, a lot of them are inconclusive, so if you are able to talk to admin & resolve some of the mysteries, & then add them to the list, that would be fantastic.

1 point which doesn't seem to have been mentioned, is that sometimes a fault can develop where the forum & hosting accounts become un-linked. The only solution for this is to have a member of staff fix it. I'm not sure if this type of problem would definitely lead to a suspension problem though.

@DemonicDemon - are you seeing "Inactivity" as the reason for suspension in your Account Panel? What have you done before to unsuspend yourself? Was the button available to you on previous occasions?

DemonicDemon

Reaction score
ahhhhhhhh dam it now i see but that is wrong

your account has been suspended due to a violation in our terms of service. if you feel you did not violate the terms of service, you may open a support ticket disputing this suspension.
Edit:
yes i had the button before on previous occasions

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
@adamparkzer - nice blog write-up on inactivity/ suspension, by the way. Is this going to be used as part of the KB?

The more additional tips you can add to that suspension list, the better. I have seen numerous different suspension problems & possible solutions posted in the forums over the months. Unfortunately, a lot of them are inconclusive, so if you are able to talk to admin & resolve some of the mysteries, & then add them to the list, that would be fantastic.

1 point which doesn't seem to have been mentioned, is that sometimes a fault can develop where the forum & hosting accounts become un-linked. The only solution for this is to have a member of staff fix it. I'm not sure if this type of problem would definitely lead to a suspension problem though.

We had some difficulty with the knowledgebase, so I started writing answers to frequent problems in my own blog. Once we get the official knowledgebase settled, I will be including my x10-related blog articles in there as well.

ahhhhhhhh dam it now i see but that is wrong

your account has been suspended due to a violation in our terms of service. if you feel you did not violate the terms of service, you may open a support ticket disputing this suspension.
Edit:
yes i had the button before on previous occasions

lol It's fine, it's easy to overlook the details. Obviously, you can't unsuspend yourself when you've broken the Terms of Service, or else everyone would be breaking the ToS and unsuspending themselves! As the error message states, I'm sure a staff member will be able to help you with the situation better when (or if) you open a support ticket.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Lol.

9 times out of 10 we get incorrect info from the person with the suspension problem, or only half of the full picture.

Looks like this falls into that category once again.

As to the violation - perhaps you were possibly hosting illegal files, using a nulled script for your website, or allowing your site to be used as a file store/ server.

Either way, sounds like you'll need to open a ticket.

We had some difficulty with the knowledgebase,......

As in, it got deleted & they're still trying to retrieve it! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.