suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

islamis4u

Reaction score
I just got to webpage and it says suspended and the reason it says is base_64 virus so can you tell me what is the reason?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Your joomla install in subfolder Khan has been compromised; you've got some funky base64_decode stuff at the top of at least the index file, possibly more.

It's NOT a permanent suspension, if you agree to delete that install and reupload clean files, we can unsuspend it, but that's the reason yours got picked up.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't; I wasn't sure if that was what you wanted to do so it wasn't unsuspended yet.

It is now though; the infected joomla's in the khan subfolder.

islamis4u

Reaction score
thanks I have a backup and i have deleted the file. Thanks for telling me but what majorily is the cause if this hack?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That much I don't know; hit up google for "Joomla base64_Decode" for more - thats how I found out it was malicious and -not- part of a regular joomla install. I'm guessing they either brute-forced the password or exploited a loophole in either a plugin or the base joomla itself (if it was an older version).

islamis4u

Reaction score
I just read some of the posts through google, they suggest that it happens because of ftp password being hacked. But I could not find any access log (as it is empty) or error log. I just uploaded this instalation last night whereas same file on my computer do not have these hack codes....

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's possibly by FTP I'd head to the regular x10hosting panel and change your login password; FAIR WARNING it will also update your x10hosting forum password and account password, if memory serves - it'll tell you what they all change :)

I say update cpanel cause ftp's pass is same as cpanels.

islamis4u

Reaction score
I again got that decode64 virus in wordpress blog, I then changed password to everything and also deleted every file in public_html directory hope-so it willl not occurs. I also changed the permission of folder to 711.

Another issue is can you tell me how much memory resource Site used when it was suspeneded last time? Secondly I remember that bandwidth wasn't unlimited now? It shows 10gb in my cpanel account. Last and important thing is that I now get alot of 500 internal server error like before.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Resource usage I can escalate the thread for, so staff can go find the logs of what exactly caused it.

As for the infinite BW/Disk, you're still on the old adfree plan; we didn't force-upgrade everyone because the number of addons like mysql databases, addon domains, subdomains, and parked domains decreased from the plan you're on. We can still upgrade you if you request it, but rather than take things away without asking we make sure you're okay with losing some of the extras.

http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/122732-some-updates.html , very top of first post has the new maximums; if you're over the maxes on any of them, it won't forcefully remove them when we do the upgrade, however we'd highly recommend getting it -under- the maximum ASAP - there's no promises a future cpanel update won't cause the extras to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.