suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyuubisubs

Reaction score
So you look at my support ticket about why site has so much downtime, and you respond by suspending it under the DMCA?

can I at least get access to it so that I can retrieve all my stuff?
backup etc...

everything is lost as it is now.
oh, and besides, i dont even know if the DMCA applies to me.
the DMCA is an american law, and im not from anywhere near the US, so as I understood it, american laws cant apply outside of the US (correct me if im wrong here).

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
oh, and besides, i dont even know if the DMCA applies to me.
the DMCA is an american law, and im not from anywhere near the US, so as I understood it, american laws cant apply outside of the US (correct me if im wrong here).

x10hosting and it's servers are located in the United States. So it applies to you.

More to the point. You agreed to abide by a set of rules when you signed up. If you didn't like them, you should have gone somewhere else. But you agreed to the terms, so they apply to you.

kyuubisubs

Reaction score
Yeah, true.
Fair enough.

But as I said, could I atleast get access to my stuff so I can make a backup?
Cause else all my stuff is lost.

need to be able to access the wp-admin so I can login and make backup.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Any access to your account is not allowed because you are suspended under the zero tolerance policy.

kyuubisubs

Reaction score
Any access to your account is not allowed because you are suspended under the zero tolerance policy.

so what am I supposed to do?
I have important stuff on there.

i wanna get my stuff, and then ill get out of your hair and move elsewhere, were american DMCA laws doesnt apply to me.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There is nothing else to do. You will not get your files back. That's a consequence for breaking zero tolerance terms in the TOS.

kyuubisubs

Reaction score
Hmm, but I don't get it.
What does it matter to you if I get them or not?

It was mine to begin with, it has nothing to do with you.
You mean to say that you violate DMCA laws by giving it back to me?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
In order to allow you to access your files we would have to temporarily unsuspend your account and that is not going to happen under the circumstances.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
The reason for the suspension has nothing to do with allowing you access to your files after you were suspended.

6. System Backups

Backups are the sole responsibility of the customer.
So you should not keep important things just on your hosting account. Always keep a local copy.
x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone.
We can block access to your account after your suspended.

kyuubisubs

Reaction score
In order to allow you to access your files we would have to temporarily unsuspend your account and that is not going to happen under the circumstances.

Not really, you admins could go in and make the backup file for me without having to unsuspend it, and then just send it to me via mail or whatnot, or still no? lol

also, yeah, masshuu, I was gonna make a local copy but forgot and thought I'd make it later on, cause I didnt expect it to get suspended right away like that.

and just cause I didnt do it, now im in the **** :(

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
No. The answer has been no several times, and it's not going to change. It has been explained to you over and over again. x10hosting is NOT going to give you anything.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You are accomplishing nothing other than wasting our time by arguing about this so I am closing this thread.
If you open any more threads about this same issue you may be banned from the forums.

Four members of the community support team have repeatedly explained everything to you in very clear terms.
Your are not getting access to your account.
We are not going to furnish you with backups or copies of your files. As Masshuu pointed out, you should have thought about that sooner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.