Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryku650

Reaction score
Hello,

My account is suspended for linking to illegal warez, however, I never linked to it at all.
I downgraded my Minecraft client legally, using a tool on the Minecraft website, and in no way is my server illegal.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Our Abuse Compliance Officer will review this thread and your suspension and give you additional information.
May be several hours before he can attend to this matter and your patience in the meantime is appreciated.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm finding references to MinecraftSP all over the place. And yet, it flat out says in your post it's a modified client:

Code:
Redistribution of Notch's code is illegal, however, MinecraftSP is a modified client, with different code, and therefore legal.

This will not fly. Period.

Code:
Do not distribute anything we've made. This includes, but not limited to, the client or the server software for the game. This also includes modified versions of anything we've made.

Modified versions of anything they've made. You know, like modified clients.

ZT Confirmed, your account access remains permanently revoked. It doesn't help that MinecraftSP is actually a pirated version of Minecraft, so you're just digging yourself in deeper.

ryku650

Reaction score
There aren't any links to MinecraftSP though. There never has been.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
<del datetime="2011-06-25T02:47:07+00:00">Download MinecraftSP</del>

This is part of why I love wordpress. See, the del tag in wordpress is when text has been set to "strikethrough." Why, praytell, would there be text saying Download MinecraftSP with a strikethrough?

And right next to a link telling you where to get minecraft.exe legitimately no less.

It's still permanent, so unless you have anything else to add, this ticket can be considered dead.

ryku650

Reaction score
I added the del tag to show that I don't have a download for Minecraft SP. I don't see how that is proof that I had a link up :/

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
<del datetime="2011-06-25T02:47:07+00:00">Download MinecraftSP</del> MinecraftSP is currently down, and will be up later. No ETA.

<strong>MinecraftSP IS LEGAL!</strong>

Redistribution of Notch's code is illegal, however, MinecraftSP is a modified client, with different code, and therefore legal.

Context is everything. This ticket is closed; I am not wasting any more time on this. From all that I can see, I'm seeing removed links and incorrect information - minecraftSP is -not- legal, you consistently say it is when it's not, and you have an edit that says "it's currently down but will be up later."

Ticket closed. Reopening it would be unwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.