Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

upiguy

Reaction score
I was just suspended for uploading vBulletin, however I was only trying to test if it was legitimate. (Obviously not)
I did not purchase the license myself, the owner claimed that it was legitimate, although I was still unsure so I decided to upload it in a test directory.

I did before hand read the terms and agreements, and did not mean to violate them (I was going under the owner's word that it was not nulled)

The owner /has/ provided me with a screenshot from their vBulletin, so it would seem that the suspension was unjust.

Chatlog:
[4:05:54 PM] Other Person: Quarion
[4:05:57 PM] Other Person: Sound's more pro
[4:06:02 PM] Me: :D it sure does
[4:08:47 PM] *** Other Person sent vBulletin Suite 4.1.4 PHP.rar ***
[4:08:50 PM] Other Person: dereugo
[4:13:53 PM] Me: going to start upload
[4:15:05 PM] Me: Mind providing me with your vbforum acc info?
[4:15:15 PM] Other Person: I cant' do that
[4:15:23 PM] Me: login and send me a screenshot?
[4:15:24 PM] Other Person: Due to security reasons
[4:16:00 PM] Me: If you wouldn't mind logging in and taking a screenshot saying "hello Piguy! is that what you need?"
[4:16:11 PM] Me: It would only take a second of course

I can also provide the screenshot he sent me, if needed...

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

Please note that in order for you to use the owner's vBulletin installation, he must actually transfer the license to you. Until he does this, your account will not be unsuspended. From the vBulletin license agreement:
If you are the original licensee of the Software, you may make a one-time, permanent transfer of your license rights in the Software to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") provided that five (5) conditions are met. The conditions are: (a) you are the original licensee, (b) the Software was purchased by you more than 90 days prior to the transfer, (c) you do not keep a copy of the Software for yourself, (d) the Subsequent Licensee agrees to the terms of this Agreement and the License, and (e) the Subsequent Licensee agrees to assume your license rights in the Software, excluding this transfer right. For sake of clarity, the right to transfer the Software belongs solely to the original licensee; the Subsequent Licensee is prohibited from transferring its rights to any third party.
The owner will need to log into the vBulletin member area and open a support ticket with them to request transfer. He will likely require some information from you (name, address, etc.) to complete the transfer.

Once the transfer is completed, you should be able to log into the vBulletin member area to download the legitimate copy of vBulletin, which you would then upload to your website. Please let us know once the transfer is completed and you have told vBulletin in the member area that you are using your x10 domain as the site so that we may verify with them that you do indeed hold a valid license. After that we will remove the current copy of vBulletin from your account and unsuspend you so that you may upload and install the legitimate copy.

If you would like to provide the screenshot, I can probably tell you up-front whether or not the install was legitimate or not before you go through the trouble of trying to contact him (well, the rar file he gave you was NOT legitimate, but I can tell you whether or not he actually holds a valid license).

Last edited:

upiguy

Reaction score
Screenshot:
http://i51.tinypic.com/245ixox.png

Edit: Nevermind, he is failing to cooperate and went offline

Is there any change that the files could be removed from my web server? (And subsequently my account un-suspended.)

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
OK,

So he does have a valid vBulletin forum license (note FORUM only, not the entire publishing suite as he gave you in that .rar), so in order to make use of it you'll have to get him to transfer the license to you as I described above.

EDIT: Also, when I said "your x10 domain" I meant the domain you have registered with your hosting account. It could be that .org if you so choose.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

Do you have anything else on your website? It's actually easier for us to delete the account and have you sign up again than find someone with the access to remove the files

If you're OK with that, post back with the following (filling in the necessary info):
cPanel username:

( ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

Otherwise, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

upiguy

Reaction score
Hello,

Do you have anything else on your website? It's actually easier for us to delete the account and have you sign up again than find someone with the access to remove the files

If you're OK with that, post back with the following (filling in the necessary info):

Otherwise, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
I have a file backup, however I don't have a backup for my mysql databases...

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
OK,

Seeing as it's probably going to be a few hours before I hear back from anyone, I'm going to try something -- I'm going to unsuspend your account and you need to as soon as you can log into cpanel and delete vBulletin from your site. Do NOT access it from the web or you'll just get re-suspended, and you'll also probably get re-suspended if you don't act fast enough.

upiguy

Reaction score
Alright, I have successfully removed the files.

Thank you very much for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.