Suspension appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

areejobeid

Reaction score
Hello, my account has been suspended for administrative reasons and here is my story.

Originally I am from Canada, and that's where lived when I made my site, but about a month ago, I forgot to sign in to the portal, and it got deleted due to inactivity. I tried to make my site again, but it wouldn't let me because I live in Japan at the moment. I posted a thread asking for help to let me make my site again, but was told none of the administrators can do anything to bypass the block for me. So I took it into my own hands and used a proxy server to bypass the block. Okay, I admit it, and I'm sorry. I am guessing this is the reason my account is suspended. I didn't know it was a violation that would get a suspension, so I was confused when I got the suspension notice. I submitted a suspension appeal through the form, but since I didn't know the reason at first, all I said in the appeal is "I don't know why I got suspended". But after checking the terms of service I realized it might have been the proxy server thing. I checked my portal again and it said a reply was sent to my email, but I haven't got an email yet about my appeal.

Anyway, I am really sorry, but I have a perfectly clean, family friendly, Canadian site that is simply my photography and design portfolio so it's all my own work, and the only reason it got deleted in the first place was inactivity. I understand that I am not allowed to make my site right now from Japan, but I will be visiting Canada for three weeks in August. If possible, can my account be un-suspended and I will wait until then to create my site again?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

areejobeid

Reaction score
But before my website was initially deleted I was making updates and stuff to it the whole time I've been living in Japan (nearly 2 years). I was under the impression that as long as the website was made in Canada, I'm still allowed to sign into it and and make updates while in another country, no? And I doesn't look like my account was terminated, I am able to sign into my portal and everything, and it says I am suspended.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Please read:

http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-a...-hosting-audit-keeping-your-account-safe.html

We allow all of our users to submit a single appeal when suspended, it is important that you use this chance to properly explain your site and content and why we should remove the suspension. Although the rules were broken in order to signup if you have a legitimate site we will unsuspend you, if you fill out the appeal swearing at us or with a two word response it will be denied.

You have one shot at your appeal via the Account Portal. Explain as you have above. Not just "Unsuspend me please".

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. He has a Free Hosting Account. Still there. Suspended on the 27th
2. It was opened after the whitelist was created

He has one shot at appeal, as I posted above.

Please, do not confuse him or make it so he messes up his one appeal.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
How about we do everyone a favor and stop bickering in the support tickets; that good with everyone? If that means that you have to stop posting in tickets, so be it - that's your choice.

On topic, the original suspension dispute was denied due to a lack of information in the dispute itself; per the additional clarification given in the original post, I have re-evaluated the account as though the original post was part of the dispute. The suspension has been lifted; in the future, I wouldn't recommend using a proxy to create the account, but given the presence of a legitimate site I see no reason to leave the account suspended any longer.

Last edited:

areejobeid

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I just want to check one thing. Since I still live in Japan now, is it okay to work on my site and update it while here, or will the system pick up on my I.P address and get me suspended again?

And by the way, to those referring to me as "he", I'm a girl.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe that the system caught the fact that you signed up via a proxy.

There should be no problem. I have not heard of any of the older accounts in non-whitelisted having problems.

A very talented "she" too. Say hello to your cat for us.

longbich

Reaction score
Great sorting out. Have to remember that AND to log on once a month so there's no hassle trying not to get dumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.