suspension due to file hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjoms

Reaction score
hello, i got this notice today: "Suspension Reason: File hosting; the only file that's actually a website is a project honeypot page. The rest is all here without being part of the page. Zt permanent."

this is very unfortunate. i am running my apache files on your hosting service and my asp files on another (i don't know how to write in aspx, which you provide), and i use your service to pull them together to form my website. if you look at my htaccess you'll see what i mean. and i moved my website's images here because of the unlimited space you provided. i'm using them all for my actual website. the project honeypot page is also another thing i installed on your server because i thought i could.

please enlighten me if i'm missing something. i don't believe i'm just hosting files. kindly help me, thanks so much. :/

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
hello, i got this notice today: "Suspension Reason: File hosting; the only file that's actually a website is a project honeypot page. The rest is all here without being part of the page. Zt permanent."

this is very unfortunate. i am running my apache files on your hosting service and my asp files on another (i don't know how to write in aspx, which you provide), and i use your service to pull them together to form my website. if you look at my htaccess you'll see what i mean. and i moved my website's images here because of the unlimited space you provided. i'm using them all for my actual website. the project honeypot page is also another thing i installed on your server because i thought i could.

please enlighten me if i'm missing something. i don't believe i'm just hosting files. kindly help me, thanks so much. :/

You said it yourself - you're hosting the images, and the -actual- webpage running asp is on another provider.

That's Image Hosting, a variant of File Hosting, which we do not allow. The honeypot file itself is allowed, but there is content on your site that is -not- linked to the honeypot page or anywhere else on the site, which is what resulted in your permanent suspension. This isn't one that can be removed, nor can we provide backups.

zildjoms

Reaction score
You said it yourself - you're hosting the images, and the -actual- webpage running asp is on another provider.

That's Image Hosting, a variant of File Hosting, which we do not allow. The honeypot file itself is allowed, but there is content on your site that is -not- linked to the honeypot page or anywhere else on the site, which is what resulted in your permanent suspension. This isn't one that can be removed, nor can we provide backups.

but all my pages are linked to the honeypot, when the website runs all the resulting pages link to the honeypot at the bottom, hidden from human view by css, but you can see it in the source. as for the images i'm really sorry i thought i could do that because i'm running my site from your server, so i thought it was just logical to load the images from there, i could have easily brought it to the one running my asp part had i known. and now there's also no backups. this is really sad. i'm sorry, but it's also very unfortunate.

zildjoms

Reaction score
hi there. this is really sad, but i'd like to delete my accounts from x10hosting now. could you please help me do this?

thanks again, have a good holiday.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The account will automatically be purged after being suspended a minimum of 14 days; under a zero tolerance reason we can't expedite the erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.