Suspension due to Hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

msigma20

Reaction score
I have been suspended due to illegal hacking. I just want to state that i feel this is unjust. I am not giving information on illegal hacking. I am infact giving information as to legal hacking such as consoles. As far as I am aware this is not against x10Hosting's terms and conditions. If it is in fact not against the terms and conditions may I please be unsuspended. If it still against the terms and conditions may I be unsuspended temporarily so that I may change my website to come into line with x10Hosting's terms and conditions? I

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

From the Terms of Service:
Terms of Service said:
* Warez: Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing, etc... This also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.

It's a zero tolerance (permanent) suspension. You can have no further access to your account. Whether the hacking is illegal or not is beside the point.

Last edited:

msigma20

Reaction score
I did not know that the terms also do not allow legal hacking or information pertaining to how to do so. In my defence when i had a problem with automatic suspension due to inactivity (which is now resolved). I sent a support ticket and when i recived help the person helping me did not question my site or give me a warning. In fact he even stated that he thought my front page was quite good. Surely you would agree that this is misleading?

Link to thread: http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/161098-automatic-suspension-problem.html

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The front page did not contain the hacking links, and a failure to notice the violation is not a confirmation of a site being within the TOS. We're still human, and mistakes do occasionally get made.

I have verified the suspension reason via SSH, so the suspension will stand. I can understand that you probably feel that this isn't a valid suspension because a different viewer didn't notice the hacking material being present; quite possibly they only offered it a cursory glance and didn't go into an in-depth review anyways.

What this -doesn't- change is that the site -was- violating the terms of service. It's no different than running a stop sign and not being caught by the cops who were right around the corner - you still broke the law, you just didn't get caught that time. The equivalent here is being caught on camera and still receiving the ticket later.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
We've explained this in IRC, so I'm going to close this thread. Do not reopen it or create another one.

~Callum

Status
Not open for further replies.