suspension email?

daggius

Reaction score
hi, just wondering if there is a way to automatically receive an email when your account gets suspended so u can go fix it right away

that would be really useful

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
No. There is no function like that at this time. It's been suggested before, but so far, there is no way to do that yet.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Moved from Free Hosting Community Support to Feedback and Suggestions.

mc se7en

Reaction score
I think we should get an email maybe a few days in advance that says...

"You need to login here to keep your account active: http://forums.x10hosting.com. If you don't login before 01/01/01, your account will be suspended. If your account is suspended, you can login here to un-suspend yourself: http://www.x10hosting.com. If your account is suspended for 10 days, it will be automatically deleted and your files will be gone forever."

I'm fine without it, but my buddy got suspended because he didn't understand the rule a few days ago. A lot of people don't get it, even with it in the rules and all. A reminder might be nice. Of course it's not like you expect much from us, so, like I said, even without it I'm ok.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
It clearly states on the TOS (7th step) during signup..
Inactivity
Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 10-day period and then terminated. All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting forums located at http://forums.x10hosting.com at least ONCE every TWO WEEKS. Accounts must also have a working website within one week.

I do believe it has been discussed before about email before suspension, but If I remember correctly... It was stated that "It is your account, you must remember yourself"

Last edited:

mc se7en

Reaction score
It clearly states on the TOS (7th step) during signup..

I do believe it has been discussed before about email before suspension, but If I remember correctly... It was stated that "It is your account, you must remember yourself"

That's what I figured. Oh well, I'm cool with that.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
I don't think they need a "reminder" email. If your site is not important enough to log in once a month (or get a trusted friend to do it if you are on vacation, etc), maybe you should get suspended.

But I think, once you get suspended, an email should go out, so you can fix it. You can also get suspended for excessive resource usage or other 'minor' infractions (not talking about nulled scripts). To have your site down for 3-4 days without you knowing about it can be rough.