suspension Mysql chatbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
As this is a violation of the terms of service, there is no way that you can be unsuspended whilst remaining on free.
However, chatboxes are allowed on illuminated and premium services, so I believe that if you upgrade then your account will be restored fully and unsuspended, plus you'd get all the other benefits of those services.

xnoddyx2

Reaction score
that is part of a free scripts that you have for installing thow so why have sumthing yous put there if its a violation of the terms of service,?

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

the chat module i had on it was turnd off the last time i was on the site wich was just over 2 weeks ago and the site was working fine till i for got my password for it so i got it to fgp Email me then after that i logon then then got a myslq error after about 7-10 F5s the suspension screen popup come up

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

the chat module i had on it was turnd off the last time i was on the site wich was just over 2 weeks ago and the site was working fine till i for got my password for it so i got it to fgp Email me then after that i logon then then got a myslq error after about 7-10 F5s the suspension screen popup come up

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What script are you using that has that chat module?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
JCow.

@xnoddyx2: Someone else recently said the same thing about jcow coming with the chatbar. Here's the problem: the server logs when the files on the account were created. JCow itself was installed Dec 22nd at 08:04PM. The chatbar was installed Dec 22nd at 08:21PM. Fantastico and Softaculous don't wait and then suddenly install a chatbar 17 minutes later.

JCow itself does -not- break the rules. The Chatbar plugin does, which is why you were suspended for it. So far I have yet to actually find an account that JCow installed the chatbar -automatically- on. Every single one I've checked, the user themselves would've had to initiate the install since the timestamps do -not- match, and I cannot find anywhere in softaculous or fantastico that actually contains the chatbar for installing. Near as I can tell, someone is adding it onto JCow.

As always, we can't guarantee that addons to software in fantastico or softaculous won't break the terms of service. The base applications are in there because they don't, but the addons are a completely different deal.

Edit: Also just found it on JCow's own website by using my own account to Browse More Modules - it sends you to jcows website to add the modules, and Chatbar is one of the addons you can choose. The problem is it doesn't appear to be part of -any- automatic installer, especially as it's an addon module that many jcow admins won't actually want. It's not built-into JCow itself.

Last edited:

xnoddyx2

Reaction score
@Livewire i never sed that jcow come with the chatbar i sed

"the chat module i had on it was turnd off" as i had put it in to test it to see what it was like then turnd it off and havent had it back on

and as i sed

"site was working fine till i for got my password for it so i got it to fgp=forgotten password Email me then after that i logon then then got a myslq error after about 7-10 F5s the suspension screen popup come up"

so with the chatbar off the only thing that give me the suspension was jcow its self with me hiting F5 as it wasent loading after logon and im shore you can see that in the logs my ip is 77.97.221.198 cpc1-livi5-2-0-cust453.sgyl.cable.virginmedia.com

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Log file hit from the suspension system that got you: Mine.

/home/RemovedCpanelForSecurity/public_html/jcow/modules/chatbar/chat.php
chat3-MULTILINED //

According to the killbox that occurred at 1/13/2011 06:04:45AM Central Standard Time.

The problem is we have two scanners at x10; mine is by far the inferior one - in order for mine to have scanned the chatbar, someone had to attempt to access the chatbar file, cause it to get executed, and then it got suspended. The way the TOS is written the chatbar shouldn'tve even been present on the account, but for you to get suspended from it, the chatbar was being accessed (or attempting to be accessed).

Edit: Also, "that is part of a free scripts that you have for installing thow so why have sumthing yous put there if its a violation of the terms of service,?" sounds a lot like you were saying JCow came with the chatbar you got suspended for, hence the confusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.