Suspension Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc3garage82

Reaction score
I'm currently shocked of my website being suspended because of this:

Hosting wow mods and/or discussion. Wow tos states: you agree that you will not, under any circumstances: a. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the world of warcraft experience;.

But my website doesn't host anything against WoW, its only for Warcraft 3, there is no WoW files hosted in my website, i know that i'm not hosting any kinds for hacks or anything against the wow experience, they are just use for models and the likes for warcraft 3 custom maps. Please unsuspend my account and i will take all actions to resolve this issue :(

thanks!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
That's my fault. I typed WOW but I meant Warcraft. The blizzard.net TOS state: A. You are entitled to use Battle.net for your own personal use, but you shall not be entitled to (v) use any third-party software to modify Battle.net to change game play, including, but not limited to cheats and/or hacks;

As far as I know, a mod changes gameplay, so it is therefore not allowed, unless warcraft has an authorized system. If you can provide me with documentation for battle.net why this should be allowed, I'd be very willing to unsuspend you. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

wc3garage82

Reaction score
but why there will be a world editor for Warcraft if it isn't allowed to modify itself? they are just used for custom maps made by the world editor but doesn't modify warcraft 3 itself (archives/files) and world editor allows importing of custom mods (such as models, music, images/textures) to suit your own map

and about this:
A. You are entitled to use Battle.net for your own personal use, but you shall not be entitled to (v) use any third-party software to modify Battle.net to change game play, including, but not limited to cheats and/or hacks;

it only applies to Battle.net usage, like using 3rd party softwares to hack the warcraft 3 engine, but maps i think are out of this because warcraft itself has its own world editor to create your own maps. i guess

oh here::
(vi) use Blizzard's intellectual property rights contained in Battle.net to create or provide any other means through which Blizzard Entertainment software products, including, but not limited to, StarCraft, StarCraft: Brood War, Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal, Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition, and Warcraft III may be played by others, including, but not limited to, server emulators;

it says that it is not limited to the products included in the games that can be use to be played by others (and wow isn't included in the list but war3 is included) and it may pertains to the world editor

and also war3 maps are mod (custom mods) wherein it will be included in the list of playable things in the war3 engine, but not necessarily changing everything in the war3 engine itself, and why will blizzard add custom games to war3 menu and a maps folder if they don't allow custom maps?? perhaps wow is, but not war3

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Since you're doing this through the world editor, that is acceptable. Please make sure you're users don't go into the realm of hacks and cheats because that will definitely be against the rules.

I apologise for the confusion. Most games don't allow mods and the TOS doesn't explain that mods are allowed, so I was confused. It's hard to determine these things without being an expert like yourself :/

wc3garage82

Reaction score
thanks!

those things are already added to the site rules, esp WoW

thread can now be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.