Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

lodguild

Reaction score
My account was terminated yesterday. I just received the emails. Can you please tell me what I need to do to have it reactivated?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, terminated accounts are permanently deleted from the free servers. There's no way to recover it. Feel free to sign up again for hosting, if you'd like.

Last edited:

lodguild

Reaction score
Yes, that is quite unfortunate. Do you keep backups of data? I do not have a current backup.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
No backups are kept as it's all permanently deleted when it's terminated.

Last edited:

lodguild

Reaction score
When I originally signed up with CXR, there was no requirement to keep free accounts running. I am disappointed in the way this was communicated. Very poor service.

Thank you for the brief time that the site was functioning normally but I will have to not recommend your company for web hosting due to the poor handling of this.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
When I originally signed up with CXR, there was no requirement to keep free accounts running. I am disappointed in the way this was communicated. Very poor service.

Thank you for the brief time that the site was functioning normally but I will have to not recommend your company for web hosting due to the poor handling of this.

Who is CXR?

And the login requirement has been present on x10hosting since at LEAST 6-30-2005 - it was there when I joined. Only person to be upset with right now is yourself - x10's had it in the TOS that you had to agree to in order to sign up.

lodguild

Reaction score
CXR is the hosting company I originally signed up which you purchased and converted all accounts over from.

I never agreed to or signed up with x10.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
This hosting company is called x10hosting, not CXR. They've always had a copy of TOS linked clearly on their front page and even on these forums. The TOS clearly spells out the conditions for a hosting account here. How have you never read them after all these years? Even these forums have been filled with announcements with important changes in hosting policy since I joined in 2008 and before.

lodguild

Reaction score
CXR was purchased by x10hosting and all of its accounts were copied over to x10hosting. The requirement to keep the free site active on x10hosting was never communicated to me when CXR was purchased and my account was converted.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Checked with Corey on instant messenger; we've never purchased or dealt with a company called CXR at all. The name doesn't even ring a bell with him at all :/

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
We have not purchased any hosting companies. Not sure who you have mistaken us with.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Not at all. We are not affiliated with any other hosting companies.

lodguild

Reaction score
Ok, I know what happened. Sorry for bothering you. Can you please delete my account completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.