Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebsoljah_4_life27

Reaction score
I recently had my account suspended for hosting a VBulletin forum, apparently because it didn't have a license number or something. I got this off a YouTube video, I didn't know it was illegal or anything. I wouldn't mind having it removed whatsoever I just heard VBulletin is better than MyBB and wanted to try it out. Please remove my suspension.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
There is no "trial" version of vBulletin.
To use vBulletin you must have a legal copy of the software as well as a valid legal licence from vBulletin which costs $195 and up.
Do you have a valid legal copy of vBulletin AND a valid vBulletin license obtained from vBulletin?
If not, there is nothing else to discuss. Your account will remain permanently suspended for zero tolerance violation of the terms of service and you will not be allowed access to your files.

lebsoljah_4_life27

Reaction score
I'm sorry but again as I said, I was only following a YouTube video and it said that it was free. It never mentioned anything about it being illegal or anything. I'm new to website hosting and especially new to forums, I had no clue that what I was doing was illegal in any way. Please take into consideration unsuspending my account, this will NOT happen again as now I'm aware. I have a lot of people who use my site and they rely on my community for their gaming, etc. - I can't disappoint them. Please I assure you 100% this won't happen again.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to ask, do you actually do research on what you're uploading? Cause I make every effort to ensure the files I'm uploading are legitimate.

This one is so painfully obvious that it's not legitimate, it's hard to miss.

Code:
 DDDDDDDDDDDDD                GGGGGGGGGGGGGTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
 D::::::::::::DDD          GGG::::::::::::GT:::::::::::::::::::::T
 D:::::::::::::::DD      GG:::::::::::::::GT:::::::::::::::::::::T
 DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D    G:::::GGGGGGGG::::GT:::::TT:::::::TT:::::T
   D:::::D    D:::::D  G:::::G       GGGGGGTTTTTT  T:::::T  TTTTTT
   D:::::D     D:::::DG:::::G                      T:::::T
   D:::::D     D:::::DG:::::G                      T:::::T
   D:::::D     D:::::DG:::::G    GGGGGGGGGG        T:::::T
   D:::::D     D:::::DG:::::G    G::::::::G        T:::::T
   D:::::D     D:::::DG:::::G    GGGGG::::G        T:::::T
   D:::::D     D:::::DG:::::G        G::::G        T:::::T
   D:::::D    D:::::D  G:::::G       G::::G        T:::::T
 DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D    G:::::GGGGGGGG::::G      TT:::::::TT
 D:::::::::::::::DD      GG:::::::::::::::G      T:::::::::T
 D::::::::::::DDD          GGG::::::GGG:::G      T:::::::::T
 DDDDDDDDDDDDD                GGGGGG   GGGG      TTTTTTTTTTT

Oo - 2010 - oO

[ScRiPt iNfO]ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
þ Script name   : vBulletin v3.8.6
þ Supplied by   : DGT
þ Nullified by  : DGT
þ Tested by     : DGT
þ Protection    : Removed
þ Homepage      : http://www.vbulletin.com
þ Release date  : 18-07-2010
þ Release type  : PHP/MySQL
þ Price         : Forget it :)
þ Under music   : N/A
þ NFO date      : 12/08/2009

Protection: Removed? Nullified by: DGT? Supplied by: DGT? They even left in the link to the vbulletin site where a simple cursory glance would turn up no links to a Demo or Trial Version. A more in-depth one turns up http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php in their FAQ, which is a 24 hour time-limited demo hosted on their servers with zero access to the source code at all, and they even state in their FAQ that because it's a visible source product, it's not possible for them to provide the full version for evaluation. They don't release their code for the forum unless you buy it.

Another glance through a different file.

Code:
vBulletin.v3.8.6.PHP.NULL-DGT

That's shorthand for "This isn't legal at all." Again, a simple cursory glance at vBulletin's website should've turned up this: "Oh wow, $195 and I'm about to get it for free?" The saying "too good to be true" comes to mind, not to mention what searching "vbulletin" turns up on the x10hosting forums - dozens of posts from users with identical suspension reasons, all caught with illegal installs of vBulletin.

We have no tolerance for warez of any kind on the servers, especially when it's not that hard to go find out if it's legit or not.

Last edited:

lebsoljah_4_life27

Reaction score
LiveWire, thank you for responding. I'm glad you took the time out of your day to reply to me. I'm sorry but as I've stated I've never used VBulletin or any other forums before until I started using MyBB about a month ago. When I was searching for VBulletin I simply typed in a youtube search and it was the first thing that came up. I'm new to all this technology stuff and again as I've stated, I'm extremely sorry and I don't want to waste your time or anyone elses, but this was truly an honest mistake on my part and it won't happen again. I do understand that I've broken your ToS, but everyone makes mistakes and I do believe I should get another chance at this. I've put a lot of hard work and effort into making my website which I had completely no experience in, it took me weeks of learning by using google to learn html coding and such. Please if you would be as kind as to just hear me out this one time. I completely assure you that this will never happen again and I give you my sincere apologies for any inconveniences I've caused to the community, moderators, or anyone else. Please just help me get back on my feet from here.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You've already been told that this is a zero tolerance violation of x10hosting's TOS. Zero tolerance means no second chances, no matter the reason. This is enforced equally to all accounts at x10hosting. Your account will remain permanently suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.