Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon72

Reaction score
I have no clue why the branding was removed. I didnt remove anything, it might have been my other admin that was on there. I just put him as an admin last night and he might have done it. I will have it put back on, and remove his admin capabilities at once if you un suspend my account. Im not looking for any trouble, i just got into running these sites, and had a friend set this one up for me. So please, if you un suspend it, i promise to remove add anything, or remove anything needed to keep my account up and running.

Thanks,

Brandon

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The suspension reason is very clear. Please provide proof of license for your IPB and the right to remove it's branding in order to resolve the suspension. It doesn't matter how it happened. You are solely responsible for the security and content of your site.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy;
You are fully responsible for the security and content of your own account and files. If you granted another person elevated privileges and that violated the terms of service you are still responsible for any the actions of this other person.
I have reviewed the suspension reason and it states that if you can provide proof of license and rights to remove branding then it may be possible to lift the suspension, but that is the only option available at this time.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I asked for proof of the license because an abuse report had been received that indicated you didn't -have- a license for the board. The sender has requested to remain anonymous, but when I then saw that the branding had been removed too, it had to get instantly suspended cause I don't see a way to purchase a Branding Free license on IPB's site - vB has one, adds like $130 to the bill, but IPB apparently doesn't.

So it's still fairly clear what must be done. I can overlook the branding problem if, and ONLY if, you provide proof of your legitimate IPB license. With that, I can go in and erase the IPB install and you'd want to reinstall it from scratch with the legitimate IPB installers.

But without a license, this won't be getting undone.

Status
Not open for further replies.