Switching to Linux website

justin.scherer14

Reaction score
Well I have been working on a major new project of mine. It is a website called Switching to Linux. It is all about obviously switching to this operating system from Windows or OSX. Now the reason why I am putting this here is, when the website is up and running, would you be willing to see the website, post a review of it, and then possible write a couple articles for it. I have a review section on my website so that is no problem. As my website does state that any review that has meaning behind it will be posted on the website no matter if it is bad or good.

The reviewing process will start by next month as I am working on writing 100 articles before the website is posted. This is will give it some great content. Along with the content comes some great graphics and an overall professional looking website. For all of those that are wondering, I created the website using all of the following: HTML, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, PHP, and my favorite image manipulation program GIMP.

A couple of the features that I will be hosting on the website are as follows: A clean front page that is a nice touch to the overall website. It has a slideshow and a nice hover effect on the buttons to click. A help desktop entirely coded with CSS, there is no Javascript with it. A nice slide down technique for my forms that I am using. Finally, a nice PHP form that is secure for both you and for me.

All of these features and there will be many more. The following are what I will be wanting to add to the website when it is finally up: more interactive help desktops showing off the various distributions, a PHP run program that will help you decide which distribution is right for you, a forum that I will be coding all myself, and finally an actual Linux distribution that will be going with the website. These are all future ideas that I have been starting to work on and will be heavily working on when the articles have been written. Overall, I have gotten great feedback from the beta site by my fellow peers. A thanks to bhupendra2895 for looking the front page over and giving me some helpful tips and also a thank you to my friends for supporting me through this entire endeavor. I hope you will enjoy this website as much as I do.

I will post when the website is up and running so you can review. I posted this now to get everyone to start looking and getting excited for this new innovative website. (honestly, my interactive desktop is the first that I have seen so it is pretty cool I think). If any of you have any ideas that I could add to the website from just hearing it, feel free to let me know. Also, if you are interested in writing articles for the website, that would help out tremendously. Thank you to all that respond and review the website when it is up.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for mentioning my name there. :)

I think when we say switching to linux, then we basically mean that switching from windows.Especially in my country.

So I feel that your site should have list of alternative softwares that are very popular in windows.We can call it software support.The concept of your site is good and this will be relevant untill windows is popular.This should be primary goal of this blog.
Secondly your site should have a hardware support articles.For example if I want to use a saa7130 pci internal tv tuner with no EEPROM in it, then your site should have content or external link which describe those techniques by which I can do this.

Most users make their decision to switch to linux or continue to use it based on these two factors.

I will love to write articles for it, but I owns a technical website too (http://techgyani.tk).So I feel that it won't be good what I post in my blog, I post in yours or vice-versa.

Good luck for your upcoming website.

Bhupendra

Last edited:

justin.scherer14

Reaction score
I really like your website. It is very clean and the information that you have posted is great. That is a great idea and it will be implemented into my website. I am just throwing this out there, we could have a partnership with each others website. This could benefit both you and me. Again, it is just an idea and is something to think about. Again, thank you for the great ideas and they will be implemented once the website is up and running. I have 5 articles written. Only 95 more to go lol.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I really like your website. It is very clean and the information that you have posted is great.
If it looks you great, then you should complement wordpress, I haven't customized it yet, it was installed there yesterday and blogs were copied from my old blog.
I am just throwing this out there, we could have a partnership with each others website. This could benefit both you and me.
Yeah we will do it, when you officially launch your website and I too. :wink:

justin.scherer14

Reaction score
Well, for those that have been keeping track of my new website I am now working on a major project for it. I will now be only writing 50 articles for the launch of the site. The main reason for this cut back has been the project. This project will be an amazing new feature to the website. It will help you pick from 35 distributions based on 11 different characteristics of each website. I know there is something out there like it but, from what I have seen, mine will be more in depth and more accurate. It is almost time for me to start coding this but I am still in the process of designing. I am expecting this to take around a week to code and bug fix so by then I should be done with it.

Also, I will be starting a petition on the site for opening Valve games and Steam for Linux. If you are interested in this, let me know and I will get this started. Also, tell your friends about this because we are going to need a lot of people to pull this off but this is how we are going to get games on Linux. Cross your fingers for this.