Swoopo & the like

kaibayashi

Reaction score
Hey, was just wondering if anyone had used swoopo.co.uk, or any of the other similar sites out there. Are they legit? Seems like a case of TGTBT to me. Or does the cost of bidding add up quite substantially? Cheers :)

csbriggs3010

Reaction score
its all true and genuine.. they make cash simply because you pay for bid, so every 10p bid makes them 60p

however, they do have fake accounts that are set to auto bid upto their desired reserve ammount :)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, it might be legitimate, but try watching an item for a few minutes, and you'll see it's totally senseless to bid on anything.

zen-r

Reaction score
I just did the same! The timer goes down to a few seconds, then creeps back up again. Seems like a stupid site - I wouldn't waste my time there.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, the problem there is you have to pay for each bid. Add to that, the fact that there are a lot of people who are one 24/7 bidding on stuff, what you get is an item where the auction never ends until the item is around the retail price or often higher, and then if you finally get it, it's way over priced because not only do you pay the retail price for it, you also paid for ever bid you placed.

My advice for you is: don't get scammed by any of those sites. If you want to go ahead and try it, I'm not saying you shouldn't, but just be careful because it's very easy to pay twice or thrice the retail price for an item and never even win it.

zen-r

Reaction score
Plus, who's got time to sit there all day & watch a never-ending round of posts appearing on the screen, with it never actually going any where? (just like ichwar, on X10 !!! ;) )

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Plus, who's got time to sit there all day & watch a never-ending round of posts appearing on the screen, with it never actually going any where? (just like ichwar, on X10 !!! ;) )

I do that at times ;) :biggrin:, often times with ReloadEvery open in Firefox on my second monitor.