System Config?

jaco_don

Reaction score
I am looking for latest system configuration ...

plz tell me what stuff should i go for to build an EXTREME PC :naughty:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Either a Quad, Tri, or Dual core processor with a large L2 cache, a high RPM hard drive, 4 GB of RAM (if you're using a 32-bit OS, preferably XP), and an nVidia 8-series graphics card, preferably dual 8800s if you can afford it.

Why do I say 8-series? Because nVidia bought Ageia, the company that makes physics cards, and nVidia will bring physics capabilities to all existing 8-series cards through a simple driver update.

jaco_don

Reaction score
Either a Quad, Tri, or Dual core processor with a large L2 cache, a high RPM hard drive, 4 GB of RAM (if you're using a 32-bit OS, preferably XP), and an nVidia 8-series graphics card, preferably dual 8800s if you can afford it.

Why do I say 8-series? Because nVidia bought Ageia, the company that makes physics cards, and nVidia will bring physics capabilities to all existing 8-series cards through a simple driver update.

Ok cool money is no problem but in India its hard to get the stuff and if i order it on internet the octroi people then tamper the stuff.

thanks for info i will get it in upcoming week

regards
Edit:

Thanks for the links

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are a total newbie to building computers, it's very simple. There are instructions all over the internet for everything, and then of course there are companies that build gaming computers like Vigor Gaming, Alienware, VooDoo, and Dell.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Just FYI, Dell owns Alienware, and HP owns VooDoo.

Dell is replacing their gaming XPS line with Alienware products (soon). Their XPS line-up will become the more "aesthetic" line of computers.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
This doesn't have much to do with gaming, so I've moved it to Computers and Technology for you, you'll get more reponses there.

-Luke.

* Thread Moved *

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
The ultimate gaming machine would have 8GB RAM, 64-bit Vista Ultimate, 2x 1TB HDDs in RAID, a quad-core processor and 2x 8800GTX in SLI.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just FYI, Dell owns Alienware, and HP owns VooDoo.

Dell is replacing their gaming XPS line with Alienware products (soon). Their XPS line-up will become the more "aesthetic" line of computers.

I'm aware of that already. Dell took over Alienware a few years ago. Not sure about VooDoo since I heard about them only a year ago.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
why 4 gigs and not 8 gigs of ram ?
two 9800 GX2's & Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 (and dont tell me there is no way in hell you can have a quad-SLI setup, cuz there is) or just get one 9800 GX2 cuz two wouldnt give you that much more performance then with only one 9800 GX2

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Making your own PC is one of the most fun experiences! Plus, it helps you to understand how everything works together inside a PC. It's not really hard. Just make sure the hardware will work together before buying it!

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Well if money is of no object then...

Skulltrail motherboard with 2 x 2.93GHz Quad Core Intel Xeons
8GB DDR3 RAM
2 x 9800GX2 Nvidia Graphics Cards
At least a few of those Raptor Velocity drives
Couple 1TB drives for storage
Vista x64 (ultimate)

Well, you did say extreme and money was no object... I think thats most peoples dream system but no one can afford it lol.

Alex

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Well if you get 8 GB of RAM for a 64-bit Vista OS.. why have all that RAM if you don't have any 64-bit supported games?

Half-Life 2
Lost Coast
Bet On Soldier: Blood Sport
Codename: Panzers (Phase one)
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Far Cry
Fahrenheit
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
Unreal Tournament 2004
World of Warcraft
WWII Tank Commander
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Dreadnought

Those are the only 64-bit supported games for XP (that I can find). As you can see, half of these titles I've never even heard of / care about, and the rest are for older games.

Purchasing 8 GB of RAM and buying a 64-bit OS is shooting yourself in the foot in the short term. I suggest you get 32-bit now, 4 GB now, and upgrade as necessary (RAM will get cheaper as time progresses anyway!)

PS: This is the lovechild of HP and VooDoo - http://h20435.www2.hp.com/

Quite impressive!

Last edited:

jaco_don

Reaction score
Everybody thanks... great help ... X10 the best forum i ever came across