system32 not read only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepoholics

Reaction score
How do you make the system32 folder not read-only when ever I uncheck it in properties it just changes itself back.

lambada

Reaction score
As far as I know system32 is read-only anyway. Why do you not want it to be read only?

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
It shouldn't be read-only. Mine isn't, and it shouldn't be -- the system needs to access the folder.

lambada

Reaction score
Oh well mine is :S and yet my system works fine.

*Starts doing lots of virus scans*

lambada

Reaction score
Nope. It's a greyed out tick. The rest of the box is normal though.

[OFFTOPIC]Love that Windows theme :D[/OFFTOPIC]

Micro

Reaction score
Im pretty damned sure i said this before, but oh well.
Download replacer http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/Replacer.zip
Copy logonui.exe to your desktop. Modify.
Then unzip replacer to your desktop. Run the batch file (replacer.bat/replacer.cmd) and follow instructions.

Sheepoholics

Reaction score
I decided to go about this a different way. Instead of replacing the file i copied it to another place modified it and then just edited the registry to point to the new file. I think this works better because it keeps the orignal file intact.

EDit:

This is my result I didn't desgin the theme but i did make the power off button and I'm working on makeing it so that I don't have to retype my password if i go switch users.

Last edited:

Micro

Reaction score
Very wery nice. Can you send me that please? That looks so cool for a login screen. SP2 right?

mattyranks

Reaction score
kind of looks like a mac theme. very nice indeed.

and yes could you upload it please :)

Sheepoholics

Reaction score
Here you guys go.. Yes its SP2

Directions
*If you fear doing this because you might screw up your computer go "Start>Programs>Acsessories>System Tools>System Restore" and set up a system restore point.
1-make a folder somewhere out of the way ei: the "WINDOWS" folder (call it what you like but don't use spaces I call mine "LOGON")
2-Place Logonui.exe in that folder
3-Go Start>Run>Regedit
4-Follow this path to get to the logonui stuff "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows NT>CurrentVersion>Winlogon
5-Now direct your attention to the right of the Regedit window and find the registry called "UIhost" double click it and replace logonui.exe with your path file if you named it like I did your path should be "C:/WINDOWS/LOGON/logonui.exe"

my logonui.exe

EDit: and some point donations would be appreciated cause im to poor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.