Tafe Student - Streeware clothing site

goldy30

Reaction score
It's not finished... nowhere near it but I've got the basic design there... a little info displayed through an iframe, I'll also have categories on the right which will bring up the items with shopping cart buttons inside the iframe too. Nav at the top should display separate pages and yeah...

The iframe doesn't display without a scroll bar in firefox. I could turn this off but I need users to read all, not part of the content.

I displayed this in review my design, now let me know what you think.

http://www.newdesigns.x10hosting.com/streetwear

cheers!

tittat

Reaction score
The home page loads fine,other link seems to be broken ( error 404),i guess you are working with your site.
Why you keep that right side merely blank??
Ahhh get rid of that scroll box...
Good luck :)

xmakina

Reaction score
It's okay, although asking people to review your homework seems... pointless.

Regardless - the only thing I'd change is the "Save 20%" advert. Get rid of the goofy guy (remember you're telling users "This is what kind of people use our site") and make the whole banner clickable, not just a segment.

goldy300

Reaction score
It's okay, although asking people to review your homework seems... pointless.

Regardless - the only thing I'd change is the "Save 20%" advert. Get rid of the goofy guy (remember you're telling users "This is what kind of people use our site") and make the whole banner clickable, not just a segment.

Why pointless? This gives me more confidence and I think it's advisable to get feed back. Even if this is home work, and not for a client, I'll still showcase the sites I create to individuals who may consider getting me to build them a site.

As it's not finished yet, putting it up here for review gives me ideas... I thinks a clickable header is a good idea! Can I make the whole table row clickable? It consists of three cells.

That goofy guy was part of a skate pic.. some people say they like him... some people don't. Personally I think he looks and fits the skate scene.

I'll see what I can replace with the 20%... What does anyone else think?

Last edited:

xmakina

Reaction score
The reason it's pointless is that, in my experience anyway, academics require your site to fit to their marking scheme, even if that is grossly different to standard (or even good) practice. When it's homework you're much better off doing what gets the best mark than what is best.

Just make the content of each cell have the same hyperlink, <a> only affects inline tags like <p> and not <td> or <tr>'s.

HTML:
<td><a href="http://forums.x10hosting.com/review-my-site/link.htm">CONTENT</a></td><td><a href="http://forums.x10hosting.com/review-my-site/link.htm">SECOND CELL</a></td>

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
Just because it is homework does not mean that he cannot get it reviewed by us guys. I mean that is the whole point of this section of the forum.

Also by getting reviews he can find ways of improving the work that he is going to be handing in. Surely the best way to get good marks is to make sure the work is of good quality, not just to conform to the scheme. if we did that then websites would be plain and boring.

When I did my web design piece, most of the marking scheme criteria was making sure that there was plenty of images used, the code was accurate, and it looked good.

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
There is some layout problem. The content is cut off on the left. On my comp, it starts from the CIAL of SPECIALS.

I like the font and color scheme.

goldy30

Reaction score
Just because it is homework does not mean that he cannot get it reviewed by us guys. I mean that is the whole point of this section of the forum.

Also by getting reviews he can find ways of improving the work that he is going to be handing in. Surely the best way to get good marks is to make sure the work is of good quality, not just to conform to the scheme. if we did that then websites would be plain and boring.

When I did my web design piece, most of the marking scheme criteria was making sure that there was plenty of images used, the code was accurate, and it looked good.

Geez, ya nailed it on the head! Thanks, you've pretty much confirmed what my point was. We've been encouraged from day 1 to review other class mates designs and give positive criticism and advice, whether we like it or not and so on and so forth.

Don't know why it's cut off on the other guys computer? I viewed it through firefox, IE, Opera and had other students look at it with no problems.. what's your screen size resolution?

Thanks!

dickey

Reaction score
good work man. I like your layout. a bit lacking in content and I believe you removed the scrollbars right? but where does all those javascript questons you asked fit in this page? hehehe just kidding now I will tell you you're even better than me. I suck at design.

xmakina

Reaction score
Don't know why it's cut off on the other guys computer

I have a hunch. Change your window size, make it as thin as possible and content starts falling off the left side of the window :S

shcKr-

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry about it too much, he must still be living in the 90's with a resolution, for the majority now will use much larger resolutions, 1024x768 up
i like it, needs a bit more 'wow' to it, but i like the layout and colors

xmakina

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry about it too much, he must still be living in the 90's with a resolution, for the majority now will use much larger resolutions, 1024x768 up
i like it, needs a bit more 'wow' to it, but i like the layout and colors

That, my friend, is an *awful* attitude to web design. The whole pont of a website is global reach, being as accessible to as many people as possible.

Ignoring resolutions under 1024 is just lazy, especially when it's caused by a major problem in the CSS. Content should be pressed up to the left and spill to the right hand side, where it can be scrolled to, not to the left where it falls off the screen, never to be seen :/