tech support please!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

layobservers

Reaction score
so, i presume there is no answer to this then!!! 3 days and no response.... i know this is a free hosting site but if it dont work properly there really is not much point is there?????????????????

Hi, our site is available on line - no problem. but i am not able to edit any pages because i can not logon to the site via FrontPage. returns error: 'this operation requires enduser permission for www.layobservers.x10hosting.com:80'

Also on the site i have a submit report form which is emailed to me and a confirmation page displayed on the site, when the form is submitted the following error is received:

Not Found
The requested URL /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/secure/lob.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.layobservers.x10hosting.com Port 80

All has been ok previously, but this is the 3rd day both problems have been happening and I can not find any resolution. Any ideas???

thanks

G

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Make sure you've FrontPage extensions installed for the domain you're trying to use. We do have a cPanel version that supports FrontPage extensions, and you should have no problems with it. If you still have problems, try by re-installing them.
If it still doesn't work, check the form you've created again as something may be configured incorrectly.

layobservers

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i have uninstalled and then tried reinstalling FP extensions. I get the following report:
Saving .htaccess file: /home/layobser/public_html/.htaccess
Saving .htaccess file: /home/layobser/public_html/secure/.htaccess
47450: running /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/bin/owsadm.exe -o install -t apache-fp -m layobservers.x10hosting.com -p 80 -xuser layobser -xgroup layobser -u layobser -pw x -servconf /usr/local/apache/conf/sites/layobservers.x10hosting.com.conf
Error: 'layobservers.x10hosting.com:80' server is not a valid virtual server.
Merging .htaccess file: /home/layobser/public_html/.htaccess
Merging .htaccess file: /home/layobser/public_html/secure/.htaccess
Setting Password
Frontpage passthough auth enabled in /home/layobser/public_html!
Frontpage was installed on the following domains: layobservers.x10hosting.com

and a confirmation that extensions are not installed.... great!!!!

any other solutions i can try please???

G
Edit:
this seems to be some sort of port 80 error???????????????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.