Tell me what you think...

gcottom

Reaction score
Please tell me what you guys think about my photography site. I've worked really hard on it.
Click Here
the username and password for the locked directory is "admin".
directory is locked because of a privacy issue for the girl at school.
So please tell me what you guys think. I really want to know if there's anything I should improve. And if there is you'll probably have to tell me how to do it because i know absolutely nothing about CSS, but I'm great with HTML.

Last edited:

swirly

Reaction score
It says its broke. I think the servers down though or something.

swirly

Reaction score
Its pretty nice. Just seems a little bland to me, but looks pretty good overall. You should have some sort of info on there somewhere. And instead of doing a new page for each photo, maybe get some sort of slideshow script? If you're charging people for photos, you may want some sort of no right click script/to figure out how to keep them from downloading your photos; A guy I know who does photography had a big problem with that.

gcottom

Reaction score
The photos that are posted have already been purchased. So I don't need to worry about right clicking. And I have no clue how to use jQuery, I tried a script for it and it just gave me a headache. And the album generator I use does some amazing things. Some how it manages to resize the pictures without any loss in quality and about 1/100 of the size so it saves a lot of bandwidth

solo1861

Reaction score
First as a photograph, I find there is nothing worse than a bad signature, hallmark... I totally understand the need for one though. But if you put one, it has to be nice enough so it doesn't make the photo cheap.

For the web site, I find it a bit dull. And it's not really intuitive (especially the 2nd page of the gallery).
In my opinion, you could improve it by:
*making the menu smaller(in width) and thus giving more space for your gallery
*giving a name to your groups of photo instead of a date (sort your photo by theme: portrait/group, or the first name of your model... or whatever you like)
*redo the "about" part: here the text look weird and you have a white band at the bottom.
*put a nicer background

All the best!