Terms of Service (ToS)

zen-r

Reaction score
Have the ToS recently been re-written?

Didn't there used to be a clause in there about member's websites needing to be in mostly either English or Spanish? (so they could be checked by Mods for illegal content etc).

The rule has been quoted a lot in the forums, & yet when the issue arose again in a thread today, I couldn't find the rule anywhere in the ToS or elsewhere, to quote from.

On a separate note, I see rules elsewhere which should perhaps also be in the ToS. For example, the Privacy Policy mentions that "Our service is not available to children under the age of 13", & this has been quoted a number of times during issues in the forum threads. Perhaps it would be clearer & more obvious if that was also in the ToS.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no mention of the word Spanish in the ToS or AUP, which is what zen-r is pointing out.

lhyman

Reaction score
but when you signup for an account now, you have to press I AGREE to step two, they moved if from the TOS to the signup page, same rule !

zen-r

Reaction score
Yes, but as I said, didn't it used to be, & shouldn't it still be in the ToS?

Rules like that need to be in 1 place for people to be able to refer to. Most people seem to have forgotten what they read at sign up, even before they click the "I Agree" button!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it slipped through.

*adds to todo list*