Thank you x10hosting.com, I created my new website at nerpsoft.x10hosting.com

nerpsoft

Reaction score
Thank you x10hosting.com, I created my new website at nerpsoft.x10hosting.com

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Why'd you choose a forum layout instead of a more traditional CMS type layout? Not that it's too bad of a thing, but for what I see as the purpose of your site, it goes against the norm. Which, I suppose, is bad for users expecting the norm :D

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Why'd you choose a forum layout instead of a more traditional CMS type layout? Not that it's too bad of a thing, but for what I see as the purpose of your site, it goes against the norm. Which, I suppose, is bad for users expecting the norm :D
The whole website is built upon phpbb, thus the layout will be a forum layout.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
The whole website is built upon phpbb, thus the layout will be a forum layout.

That's not what GarrettRoyce was talking about.

It seems a little odd that someone would use a forum to display informational pages.

nerpsoft

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. I have created Microsoft forum to discuss everything about Microsoft.

nerpsoft

Reaction score
Jan 15, 2010

More Google phones coming

Two Android-powered handsets out next week, 10 more by year's end

By Chua Hian Hou

THIS is shaping up to be the year of the Google phone.
At least two new models of mobile phones running the Internet giant's Android software will be launched next week, with 10 more expected by year's end.
Of the two models to debut next week, one is Samsung's Galaxy Spica, which was unveiled last week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.

csc2ya

Reaction score
Don't know whether it's just me, but this seems like spam. Nerpsoft, there is a showcase your site section on this forum. You can post a link to your site there.

And, in my opinion, posting here every time you post a new item on your site may get you banned from here, as it looks like spam.

One link every so often in the showcase your site section is probably fine, but in my opinion, this is probably not.

Although having said that, the forum mods will have to decide.

nerpsoft

Reaction score
S'pore least corrupt nation Corruption worsens in Indonesia: survey. -AFP

Tue, Mar 09, 2010
AFP
SINGAPORE remains the least corrupt of 16 major Asia-Pacific investment destinations in a just-released business survey. It topped the annual poll by the Political and Economic Risk Consultancy (PERC) with a score of 1.42, followed by Australia in second place with 2.28 and Hong Kong third with 2.67 - down one place from a year ago.
Indonesia remains the most corrupt country in Southeast Asia and graft is getting even worse at all levels, the poll of businessmen showed, dealing a blow to the Bambang Yudhoyono's drive to fight the scourge. The news comes as Dr Yudhoyono is under mounting pressure with his vice president and finance minister facing a criminal probe into their role in the controversial bailout of a troubled bank.
The annual PERC poll put Southeast Asia's biggest economy last in a table of regional economies with a score of 9.27 out of the worst possible 10. Indonesia also came last in 2009, but with a marginally better score of 8.32.
Cambodia was ranked the second most corrupt regional nation with a grade of 9.10, followed by Vietnam and the Philippines. Zero means the country or territory is seen to suffer the least corruption among politicians and civil servants, PERC said in the report.
The Hong Kong-based consultancy said Indonesian lawmakers' call for a criminal probe into the Yudhoyono government's bailout of Bank Century in 2008 reflected attempts by a corrupt establishment to maintain the status quo. 'Corruption has become a charge being used by corrupt people to protect themselves and to stifle reform,' PERC said. 'The whole fight against corruption is in danger of being corrupted,' it said.
The United States - included for comparison purposes - placed fourth with a score of 3.42, followed by Japan (3.49), Macau (4.96), South Korea (5.98), Taiwan (6.28), Malaysia (6.47) and China (6.52). PERC's poll was conducted from December to February, and involved 2,147 mid-level and senior Asian and expatriate business executives working in the 16 economies.

nerpsoft

Reaction score
Apr 4, 2010

Apple fans touch first iPads

How some consumers are planning to use the iPad
* BETH Goza has had iPhones and other smart phones, along with a MacBook Air laptop, yet she believes the iPad has a place in her digital lineup.
She's already dreaming up specific uses for her iPad, such as knitting applications to help her keep track of her place in a complicated pattern.
* Danita Shneidman, a woman in her 60s, wanted one to look at photos and videos of her first grandchild, born this week in Boston.
* And then there's Ray Majewski, who went to an Apple store in Freehold, N.J., with his 10-year-old daughter, Julia. The iPad is partly as a reward for her straight A?s in school, and partly a present for himself.
'I like the electronic books, and my daughter is really getting into them as well,' Mr Majewski said. 'I was thinking of getting a Kindle (e-book reader) but then said to myself, 'Why not get an iPad because I can get so much more from that than just reading books?'' -- AP

ST_15608590.jpg
A customer uses an Apple iPad on the first day of Apple iPad sales at an Apple store in San Francisco. -- PHOTO: AP

SEATTLE - NOW that the iPad is in the hands of early adopters, the hard work for Apple Inc. begins.
Eager customers intent on being among the first owners of this new class of gadgetry stood in long lines across the country on Saturday. They seemed willing to buy first - and discover uses for the iPad later.
In some ways, it was reminiscent of the lines and hoopla surrounding the 2007 launch of the first iPhone. The difference: People knew then that the iPhone would replace their existing cell phone, an appliance that has become a must-have for everyone from uber-geeks to stay-at-home moms.
With the iPad, which fits somewhere between phone and computer, Apple must convince people who already have smart phones, laptops, e-book readers, set-top boxes and home broadband connections that they need another device that serves many of the same purposes. Many of the earliest iPad buyers say they will have a better idea of what they'll use it for only after they've had it for a while.
Once the initial iPad excitement settles, Apple may have to work harder to persuade a broader swath of people to buy one. Many companies have tried to sell tablet computers before, but none has caught on with mainstream consumers. And while early adopters who pre-ordered an iPad in recent weeks have gushed about all the ways they hope to use it, skeptics point to all the ways the iPad comes up short.
They argue the on-screen keyboard is hard to use and complain that it lacks a camera and ports for media storage cards and USB devices such as printers. They also bemoan the fact that the iPad can't play Flash video, which means many Web sites with embedded video clips will look broken to Web surfers using Apple's Safari browser. And the iPad can't run more than one programme at a time, which even fans hope will change one day soon. -- AP

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
To mention something from the last sentence of the Associated Press Article, Apple did mention that in iPhone OS 4 what the next revision of what the iPad supports might have some multi-tasking support like normal PCs. I'm sure the Multi-tasking issue will change as the iPad has some pretty decent specs on it.