Thanks x10 for hosting my site. Pls rate it

egraphix

Reaction score
eloz
This is my upcoming site. Just the first page is ready and I am stuck with making new plans every morning. But soon it will be up. I would appreciate your comments/critics on it.
thanks all

http://egraphix.exofire.net

Zenax

Reaction score
I love the header, however I think it is a little on the tall side.

Also the colour of your links needs changing, to a brighter colours so that it will stand out!

Bonekhan

Reaction score
The link works. I usually grade a web design on three points:

Layout - Alright, the theme looks nice, until you take a look closer. The theme is not fluid nor fixed, so it is very unappealing to my big monitor, which is 1280 by 1024 pixels of resolution. While the side navigation serves to describe the links, I see no reason for a top navigation with the same links. But, of course, that is up to you. The header seems a bit bulky for my taste.

Color - Green and white... to me, it looks very unappealing. I think the background should be changed to something a bit darker, but thats just me. Maybe a top-bottom gradient would do the trick.

Coding and Compatibility - I hate the fact that the header is done in flash, while a .Gif file would work just as well--unless you're afraid of copyright theft, which is odd seeing as you have the logo dead center of the image. But whatever. Also, the entire theme could be done, it looks like, in pure CSS. Tables are unnecessary.

That is my critique, feel free to disagree.

Westlife

Reaction score
monky91 said:
Quite nice, but too simple if it is a graphic or design site
hay Monky..Hi there..you are here too ..nice to see you here...well his site is good enough

Aquilus

Reaction score
The text seems out of place and the colours dont match, other than that its quite nice.

egraphix

Reaction score
Thanks for all the critics :) that will really help me work more on my site. All your inputs are appreciated. Almost all the pages are up and working now just the contact form and articles are yet to be put up. I will start considering all your inputs from now on. thanks again.

Bonekhan: Firstly, its agreed every 8 in 10 users have 800x600 res.
About the Nav. if you notice, the one at the top has some additional buttons with the repeated ones.
About the BG- I prefer it just white. But thanks for your input.
I agree with you "tables are unncessary" this was just started as a test page but finally I sticked to it LOL. Once I am free of all my work I will rebuild the entire theme without those tables.
Thanks again

Chris Z

Reaction score
it looks alright, but like others, i expected something better for a gfx site, also if you have the Corporate Package, you might want to move the Yahoo! ads to the top, as you may be suspended for them not being at the top, but i'm not sure if you're on Corporate Plan or not