The battle of the web browsers

What internet browser do you like the best?

• Total voters

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I've always wanted to know really:

I'm a loyal firefox user, but what does everyone else think?

Am I right in thinking internet explorer is pretty much hated by everyone?

Please post and vote :)

ONLY straight answers please, I really don't want a load of PM's saying this topic has been done before and what not. :)

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I use combinations of above.

Opera, Chrome, firefox, IE

This is the order i use the browsers :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm a Firefox user of course :) Been using it for a couple of years now.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
My primary browser is Firefox, however, recently I've been using Google Chrome. I find Google Chrome to be less bloated. I like to have a large screen space dedicated to the actual page content.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
My primary browser is Firefox, however, recently I've been using Google Chrome. I find Google Chrome to be less bloated. I like to have a large screen space dedicated to the actual page content.
I sometimes use Chromium (the FLOSS version of Chrome, i.e Chrome without the Google "spying" built in, which chrome build on), and it is much faster than FF. But even with firefox you can devote even the whole screen to browsing by pressing F11, where the menu and location bars automatically hide and you only see the page you are browsing. I still mainly use FF due to it being "stable" software, and since I'm just used to it. The performance issues aren't too bad -- hardly anyone has a computer nowadays where FF will cause problems. (I have a very low end laptop which works fine.)

natrobius

Reaction score
I may be a little late on this poll but, I use Internet Explorer 8, simply because I don't have any compatibility issues with some sites using it.

Also, I really think the poll unfairly neglects to mention Google Chrome, which has turned into quite a nice browser. I use it whenever I can, and I love it.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Kill duplicate threads *no offense*

It gets really hard to responds to some thread like this if every other week there would be a new one. I could just copy my old response, but whats the point?

crazyelfy

Reaction score
HAHA~! This question never gets old.

I have been using FireFox for years now.

:)

But I do use Chrome once in a while but my preference is still FireFox.

Last edited:

dharshan

Reaction score
my primary browser is Mozilla firefox, have been using it for years. and I have tried a lot of browsers and still have some installed in my pc as i need to test my web pages, firefox is fast in many cases, and supports a lot of plug ins, and offers a really useful customization scheme, being said that it works well all the time.

remyoman

Reaction score
After I finally got my computer a few years ago, my switch to Firefox was made.
I use it everywhere, I have it portable and it is faster and smaller and better adjustable.
Heard about Chrome and heard some bad stuff but Firefox works fine so I won't switch until it really gives up on me or some better browser showes up.

user681

Reaction score
Where's google chrome?
I find google chrome to be the fasteste browser of all...

tbint62

Reaction score
Opera 9.64, IE 6

I think FireFox is a good Browser, but I think it is made by Devil Worshippers.

Reason: type about:mozilla in address bar.

Not tring to start a war with this statement.

Its just how I feel.
cheers

Last edited:

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Opera 9.64, IE 6

I think FireFox is a good Browser, but I think it is made by Devil Worshippers.

Reason: type about:mozilla in address bar.

Not tring to start a war with this statement.

Its just how I feel.
cheers
I never knew about that one... Seems the FF developers have a sense of humour!

I also discovered this one:
about:robots

Last edited:

caseypaite

Reaction score
I have always liked Firefox since I first used the internet. It has always been my default browser. But Opera has recently added some innovative features that I find useful. So, currently i am running Opera and Firefox side by side. The problem with Opera is that some sites do not support Opera and if I happen to use Opera to surf such websites, i have to swith to firefox to view the site's full content. So, Firefox remains my default and favourite browser.

mttjocy

Reaction score
Personally I still have to go with Firefox, have tried Opera, IE etc not really tried Chrome and been hearing positive things about that so I can't really comment there. Opera I didn't find really any better but have not used it for some time perhaps someone could advise what these "innovative features" they have added are perhaps they might be useful.

On the other hand FF is now sufficiently popular most sites do support it and lots are even built with it in mind as their main browser plus a few hacks thrown in to keep IE happy.

Reaction score
i have voted fore firefox because that is the only browser i have used for 4 years. and the other browser i haven't used it onli IE.

deltavolt

Reaction score
I've switched to Safari for my main browser because of its speed but I still occasionally like playing around with FireFox.

joejv4

Reaction score
My primary browser is FireFox. For brainless stuff like playing around on Facebook, I now use Chrome, just because it's quick. Feature-wise, with all of the addon's available for FF, it is the ultimate extensible browser.

I never could stand IE. Opera, back when I looked at it, charged for it's full feature browser, and in doing so, made their browser something I wouldn't even try. To me, charging for a browser is analogous to shooting yourself in the foot. Even with all of it's shortcomings, a free IE is preferable to me over a browser that costs $$ (yes, I'm cheap) .